Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Wynette, Aug 7, 2012.

1. sarah92480

sarah92480 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    Eaton Rapids, MI

Thanksfor the input.. .i did let her out and she ran straight for the dirt pile to roll in it. So far shes not interested in the coop but im gonna keep watching her today. Hope shes over it!!

2. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    Sorry for my confusion! Wish I could say it was an isolated incident...

Well got 1st till on garden. I'm looking for 6 apple trees, seedlings okay, if anyone has any cheap, I will gladly take.

Def have greater peace here in the flock today, and it seems removing that single offensive drake has re-unified my flock back into one.

Lastly, it seems I do have 2 Pekin girls. Can meet you Weds or Thurs @ FFH?

3. HollyDuckFarmer

HollyDuckFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    LP Michigan
    Edit double post sorry

Last edited: May 19, 2013
  4. Huston's Happy Hens

Huston's Happy Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2008
    Dewitt, MI
    Does anyone close to Dewitt have Golden Laced Wyandotte chicks or fertile eggs?
    If not this breed, what breed?
    Got a couple of broodies!

5. theron

theron Theron's Fowl Farm

Nov 15, 2009
    Midland, MI
    Tilled the garden for the 3rd time already. Bought our veggie plants yesterday. We are going to have green beans, squash, tomatoes, green peppers, carrots, and pumpkins. We even bought 4 cherry tomato and 4 grape tomato plants just for the birds. We also bought some herb plants (parsley and oregano). Can't wait to get some homegrown produce.

6. gaitngirl

gaitngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Holly - how old are they? I could meet you either day. I'm off Tuesday, get out of work @ 6:20 ish (in Fenton) Wednesday, and 5:30 ish (in Burton) on Thursday. Drive time from work to FFH is about 20 mins. give or take a few. How much do you want for them? I could also trade 2 Black Giant pullets (approx. 2 months old) or a Black Copper Marans cockerel (I think it's a boy anyway, lol - no crowing or coppering yet) about 2 1/2 months old. Or a few of Rhode Island Red pullets.

7. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    The first egg in the incubator hatched several hours ago but none of the others show any sign of hatching soon. I would have preferred to discover a hatched chick and several others pipping. Hopefully morning will show a more positive result.

It was nice to meet Sarah92480 and her boyfriend Jason this afternoon. They drove over from Eaton Rapids to get the trolling motor that I had decided to sell. I wasn't going to use it so it was nice to see it go to someone who has a use for it.

8. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    [​IMG]

Great photo of our bees in action!

9. sarah92480

sarah92480 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    Eaton Rapids, MI

Thanks again for that! :)

10. cuppycake

cuppycake Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2013
    Duluth, MN
    Haven't posted lately, keeping pretty busy now that the weather is gorgeous. The chickens are looking lovely and enjoying the weather right along with me. Still nagging DH to get the silkies' house done. They've been enjoying some time outside in a large dog kennel but without an actual coop I don't ever leave them out at night. I know silkies are notoriously hard to sex but I'm thinking I might have one roo and three girls. Only the one has developed any wattles. Thoughts? They are 8 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

Our two boy puppies have gone to their new homes, and now it's just the little girl left. Her original buyer backed out, forfeiting their deposit. Then I had a girl say she was interested and would come out today, but she never showed or returned my calls. Now is the time when I slowly start hinting to my hubby that this little girl is staying. Lol. I was so sad to sell the boys, I gotta keep her, right? Here's a pic of her and her daddy. Sorry about poor picture quality and their crazy bed head hair!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by