Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Even though it has been a long day and I'm very tired, I'm sitting here thinking about going out to the shop and checking on the eggs I have in the incubator.  Tomorrow evening will be the 21st day and I'm wondering if any action has started.   Hopefully I will have a decent hatch of predominately pullets.

As my old arthritic struggled today with a pair of button fly Levi's someone gave me I finally remembered the technique necessary.  It's easier to start at the bottom and button them all than it is to button just one or two.  I bought my first pair when I was twelve years old and my father was incensed that I would waste so much money on a pair of jeans when perfectly good denims that were less that half the price were available.  Since I decided to waste good money my father decided that from that point on I could buy all of my clothes.  I wouldn't back down.  I had worked hard for my money and would spend that $4 anyway I wanted.   Sure would be nice if the weren't now ten times that.

Today I worked on my boat for a while and I removed the foot controlled trolling motor.  If anyone needs one cheap I've got one for sale.  Since my type of fishing requires a stern mounted system, and I also felt that the trolling motor and cables could present a trip hazard for Granny.  The old girl is really getting excited about fishing this summer.

Howmuch do you want for that motor?

Anybody know how long it usually takes to break a broody hen? Ive had her in solitary confinement in a wire bottom cage for 3 days now...still no egg laying.
I had a broody EE that took a week to break. Had her in a brooder with just newspaper. She was a stubborn one. But, after her, I put in a Lavender Orp, and it just took two days to break. Don't wait for her to lay eggs again. That could take a few days. Keep her in cage for a couple of days, take her out and see if she heads for the nest box. If she does, back in the cage for another day or two. Good Luck!

Getting close to getting our new floors in! It's been a lot of work getting it ready. I'm hoping while the guys are working on the floor, I can get some outside work done. Haven't got my garden started yet. I need more hands and more time!

Strange insomnia tonight. Probably a combination of too much caffeine and worrying about the chicks outside. They're a week and a half old, and they have a box to help hold heat, as well as a secure heat lamp but I just worry about putting them out too soon and having a buck of dead chicks in the morning.

Anyone want a nice ee roo? He's 8mo old. Nice to his girls and we haven't had any aggression issues with us or the kids. We're trying to get down to one crowing boy and have decided the Wyandotte is prettier.

Hi glad, I've got it too. Did you get your bags finished?

I have 10 that just need straps made and attached, and at least that many bags still waiting. Hahaha! At adoptions yesterday the director asked everyone that bought birdseed to bring their empty bags back in. I may be overwhelmed soon.

All the chicks made it through the night. Today is going to require a lot if coffee though. I was up from 130 until almost 4 this morning. Ugh. Glad I gave my lunch shift away!!!

I bought my first pair when I was twelve years old and my father was incensed that I would waste so much money on a pair of jeans when perfectly good denims that were less that half the price were available. .
I went through the same process. I spent $10 for a pair of Levi's Big Bells. Dad was so mad, "you can get 3 pairs of Tuff-skins for the same price". Anyone remember those awful pants with the double re-enforced knees? It took 3 months of wearing them until you could sit down.
I have 10 that just need straps made and attached, and at least that many bags still waiting. Hahaha! At adoptions yesterday the director asked everyone that bought birdseed to bring their empty bags back in. I may be overwhelmed soon.
Did you make a cutting pattern?
I like to make a heavy pattern out of 3X Tagg paper for repetitive projects. Sometimes I'll even use Masonite for a sturdier pattern.
I should get busy on that...I have lots of bags to sew and I haven't started a single one. Want to share a pattern with me?
wink.png

Naglady-- I don't know how I missed it earlier but I made 3 Hugel beds this year!

RaZ I'm sorry but I have no news. I hope things are getting better

Everybody, hope situations are okay and improving.

My mixie drake is gone. Wish I'd separated with him sooner, he did some wicked damage to my Khaki Campbell duck.
how they working out so far.. when i am done planting it my gardens i will be trying it.. another project on the list..
Wow I would love the shed and the building materials but I have no husband at the moment he has been working from 4:30 AM to 12:00AM!!!! All the farmers want their fertilizer NOW!!
Nag what an awesome chicken coop looks very well made.

Kimmie
thanks kimmie, only thing is i am going to build some nesting boxes to go out of the coop and make more room inside the coop for roosting.
Nag let me check the Pekins in the am/daylight to be sure I have girls. I will have a f&w runner drake I think in a few weeks if you're interested.
I think someone else was inquiring about these..
big_smile.png

Did you make a cutting pattern? I like to make a heavy pattern out of 3X Tagg paper for repetitive projects. Sometimes I'll even use Masonite for a sturdier pattern. I should get busy on that...I have lots of bags to sew and I haven't started a single one. Want to share a pattern with me?
wink.png
I didn't make a cutting pattern since I'm dealing with lots of different sizes of bags, and they want the picture to be the front, so most of them are a little different.

Back
Top Bottom