Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Cute kids and ducklings Stacy.
Chickenstock won't be happening for me either. No time for anything but work and chores. DH in surgery again getting 2 more plates in his leg along with artificial bone graphs. Tomorrow is 8 months since the accident, and this surgery will set him back nearly that long. Sigh ....
sad.png
I am so sorry you won't be able to make it. I hope everything will go well for your husband
hugs.gif
I will keep y'all in my prayers.
fl.gif

does anyone have or know of anyone in Northern (LP) MI.. near Alpena.. with BUFF ORPHINGTON HENS for sale?? I dont want chicks, I want full grown hens and they seem to be sparse in my neck of the woods.

Found one of my barn cats dead in my garden today. I usually do a count during the morning feed and three were missing today. It's odd, just lying there in the corner, on her side, eyes open. The cats are the only ones who can get into the fence by climbing it and can usually climb back out but why she didn't or couldn't, I don't know. I didn't see her in there yesterday so it's not like she starved or dehydrated overnight. Seriously hoping no one is setting out poison. Not that I'm attached to the barn cats or expect them to last for 20 years but I did spend a lot of money getting them TNR'ed last year and they're only a year and half old.
hmm.png
The neighborhood doesn't know that though and I get the impression many of the homeowners feel that I run a cat brothel.
roll.png
Just gonna keep my eyes peeled for more issues.

Quote: There were some pretty strawberry pink roses at the cedar springs meijers, that were priced at $10 a couple weeks ago! Though mine eat those too.... but the fence will protect for the most part. Bushes in general as a base around and in the run, if you are worried about the roots do the buried chicken wire thing. (And you could double duty the need for grit and spread it around the base too. ( Is hummingbird vine or cup-and saucer on the list of no-no's? some grape vines? Climbing green beans? (but you'd have to protect at the bottom of the chicken's side, they love grape leaves too. Mine don't like any part of the green beans.

Last edited:
My husband who has been annoying me by being underfoot for the past three months has redeemed himself in a big way. We are coming to Chickenstock next week. We weren't planning on it because our vehicles are gas guzzlers and would have to rent a car which costs. He took a carload of scrap wire in today. He came home to tell me for our anniversary next week he is taking me to chickenstock.
wee.gif
Sooo, I haven't even let myself look at the thread so I wouldn't be sad. Silly is the thread you started the main thread to help me find everything?

The one I started was to help divy up stuff so we could get more people participating rather than stick one person doing the lion share.

What do you need to know? Check Raz sig for food sign up, Nigellas for who's coming, Theron has the buy sell swap thread...
google the address for directions! Glad you're going to make it!

Back
Top Bottom