Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Tractors supply in Ludington sells a minmum of 5 chciks during their spring chick sale. They do have heritage breeds like the buff colored orpington but not the sussex. Meyers hatchery out of Ohio ships a minimum order of 3 chicks and should have the birds you want. Call both places via web site PH# to see what they charge. I will most likely have some chicks in May if you want to drive down to freesoil just south of manistee. I am hatching out 3 dozen eggs and wont need all of the chicks. Iam not cheap, but reasonable. :)

ALL TSC stores in Michigan get their chicks from Townline. I know Townline is super busy gettin all the stores orders ready as every store will be getting 5,000+ birds from them. Yes that's each store!

And plus all the back yard hatcheries that sell large amount of birds.

Our TSC gets chicks the 3rd week of Feb through end of Apr. Were getting 5,500 birds. Last yr it was 8,900 birds!

(cant tell I work at TSC yet? LOL)

I know all TSC stores can not allow customers to handle chicks because of selmo and diease's to both humans and chicks. Also a lot of folks just turn their kids loose of the baby birds as they shop and then the death rate goes WAY up plus if a kid pulls a st run roo and puts it in a pullet tank... you bet we hear from complaining customers about getting roo(s). Its also so our company can sell chicks in a safe enviroment without other folks complaining about the health/safety of the birds. Have any of you noticed Y there's no bunnies anymore...
So pretty much to be able to sell live chicks, we now have policies to follow to make both our boss's happy, the birds happy, and the customers happy.

At first when you mentioned getting 5,500 birds, I thought you personally! Had to re-read that! ;P

Our TSC store kindly told us the same thing; harmful to both humans and chickens. And quite understandable. Toddlers can hardly be trusted with cats & dogs sometimes let alone something so squishy. I guess it'll like having a real baby -- you don't get to pick that out…you get what you get and you don't throw a fit! : )

We have a McDonalds that shares our parking lot....

Year after yr, I see so many customers buy baby birds and love/hug/kiss all over baby chicks or ducks as they leave the store.
I think ewwww as they just came out of a overfilled tank full of puffy poof balls that have poop all over their feets.
Folks jump into their cars and hit the drive thu!
sickbyc.gif
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! french fries!

We have a McDonalds that shares our parking lot....

Year after yr, I see so many customers buy baby birds and love/hug/kiss all over baby chicks or ducks as they leave the store.
I think ewwww as they just came out of a overfilled tank full of puffy poof balls that have poop all over their feets.
Folks jump into their cars and hit the drive thu!
sickbyc.gif
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! french fries!
ep.gif
he.gif
Some people just don't learn
th.gif
Another good reason to wash your hands thoroughly and often...how many go inside to eat after handling the chicks? mmmmm

Back
Top Bottom