Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I highly dislike people. So the lady I know, pet sits. And a house she pet sits has a coop. There are four left. Everyone else died. The coop hadn't been cleaned since November. So four chickens are left with rotting bodies. Two roosters and two hens. We can take the hens. Sadly no roosters.

A splash silkie female and a buff orp I'mpretty sure.

Feel bad for them :hit

Tap, that was so cute - the world's feistiest silkie! Love the Ninja-kick.

As far as pigments in the skin, it is well established that birds with yellow skin will store pigments such as those found in corn (and other pigmented foodstuffs such as greens and marigold petals) there - a simple search for skin pigment will give you that information. White-skinned birds do not store the pigment in their skin (or legs if white-legged), but do in body fat. As yellow-skinned and -legged birds lay, the pigment is mobilized into the egg yolks and the skin will fade - one way of identifying good layers.

I love it when you share stuff like this!

Fuzzy, I hope she gets better quickly.

Here, kids and hens are tired of being cooped up. So, backyard sledding.... My daughter makes frequent stops, and no one gets off. Seems like they might enjoy a little ride around the yard.

Been there, done that........
big_smile.png

Yes, that path was taken. And many people were there and helped to keep me out of jail. I can't thank you all enough.
bow.gif
love.gif

A bonus to that was that it really POed the local authorities.
thumbsup.gif

I highly dislike people. So the lady I know, pet sits. And a house she pet sits has a coop. There are four left. Everyone else died. The coop hadn't been cleaned since November. So four chickens are left with rotting bodies. Two roosters and two hens. We can take the hens. Sadly no roosters.

A splash silkie female and a buff orp I'mpretty sure.

Feel bad for them :hit

Omg! Is the real owner away or is she the owner???

Amy that was the CUTEST thing EVER!!!! :D

Feel bad for them
hit.gif
That is sad

big_smile.png

A bonus to that was that it really POed the local authorities.
thumbsup.gif
love the little bonus' of life
big_smile.png

that would be nice property to get,I love all the toys that come with, + barn,hoop house and pond, NICE
Just created an account to post here! Just checked Williamston TSC and they do not have any assorted bantams as of yesterday. Not sure when they get more in, though.
Welcome
highfive.gif

It'll heal right up...as long as there's no swelling or infection, and is probably past the point that would happen by now.

I had one guy get quite a large patch of black on a wattle a month or so ago, if you didn't know what to look for you'd probably never notice it.
Thanks, there is no swelling or infection, was just worried cuz it went from black to a beige color.

Back
Top Bottom