Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Got another 3 rolls of hardware cloth today. Getting peeved that stores only carry 3 at a time!!! Hit 2 stores thus far. Hopefully i get that run together tomorrow! They will stay in it for the hot part of summer. (Deep shade location+ roof. There is swamp nearby so i'm hoping rolls of screen aren't too much. If they want out to roam i'm going in! Lol. Skeeters so thick they bite your hands even while you are swatting frantically! Birds are harassed and crotchety. My house address is in town- but i feel soooo bad for the poor birds! Getting bit on combs, wattles, and even looked like legs!!! Last year skeeters broughg my first ever case of pox for two of them :(

Try Wayfair.com. they also have sizes that you can't find anywhere else.

Hello all. I am Scott and from Roscommon area and raise guineas, peafowl, bantams and sometimes other fowl. I rarely post but just wanted to say hello. Also it is hard finding birds in northern Michigan... anyone selling keets, peachicks, hatching eggs or adult guineas or Peafowl? Would be nice to make some contacts around the area for sure. Take care for now.

Hello all. I am Scott and from Roscommon area and raise guineas, peafowl, bantams and sometimes other fowl. I rarely post but just wanted to say hello. Also it is hard finding birds in northern Michigan... anyone selling keets, peachicks, hatching eggs or adult guineas or Peafowl? Would be nice to make some contacts around the area for sure. Take care for now.

I'm in Grant, sort of North! Welcome Scott. I don't sell exotics except for my Appenzeller's. Hope you find someone on here to help you!

Not sure if anyone is close to lapeer...

★This weekend only★

But I have cut and cleaned iris flower toes for sale for $5 per toe. Not sure about colors BUT I have tons, so ya never know what ya will get.

I have dwarves, miniature, medium, ole fashions, tall, jumbo, bearded, rebloomers, space ages, and uniques. All sorts of colors.

I have a lil table set up and about 50 or so toes available in my yard by the rd.

Located at 1606 Slater rd lapeer 48446

I also have a craigslist add in the flint farm/garden

Was a rough day yesterday. I let my son take some of our birds to a FFA show at their school yesterday. My birds have never been out of our quiet backyard, but I thought no big deal, he really wanted to do this project. Well a horse went nuts kicking at a cow, the cow got loose, kids were running and screaming. All seemed to turn out well, the cow was caught, the kids were all fine. When I got back over to wear my birds and son was we noticed our rooster was panting hard and had his wings kinda spread but limpy. I got him out and put him in my lap and tried to give him some water and within just a few mins he started jerking and just died in my arms, I was so devastated. I only had 1 roo and he was great. Good hawk alerter, made sure all the girls were in on time and well taken care of and good with kids.

Not a great pic of him, but he was beautiful

This is an EE we got from the pullet bin at FFH a few months ago. Most everyone thinks she is a he. I hope now that it is a rooster and he can soon step up and take over the flock. He has nice colors, but i really wish I could have my Roo back.
sad.png

Sorry bout ur roo. :(

I am dieing sweating in this heat building my new chicken run. With my numbers going from 50ish to 100ish, time to make more room for my spoiled lil feather babies. Im even makin them a sand box to bath in. I got some landscape timbers to the edgeing to keep them from escaping and the predators from gettin in. I also gonna put up my new flight netting to keep hawks out. Now there will be plenty of room for my lil cochins and silkies!

Was a rough day yesterday. I let my son take some of our birds to a FFA show at their school yesterday. My birds have never been out of our quiet backyard, but I thought no big deal, he really wanted to do this project. Well a horse went nuts kicking at a cow, the cow got loose, kids were running and screaming. All seemed to turn out well, the cow was caught, the kids were all fine. When I got back over to wear my birds and son was we noticed our rooster was panting hard and had his wings kinda spread but limpy. I got him out and put him in my lap and tried to give him some water and within just a few mins he started jerking and just died in my arms, I was so devastated. I only had 1 roo and he was great. Good hawk alerter, made sure all the girls were in on time and well taken care of and good with kids.

Not a great pic of him, but he was beautiful

This is an EE we got from the pullet bin at FFH a few months ago. Most everyone thinks she is a he. I hope now that it is a rooster and he can soon step up and take over the flock. He has nice colors, but i really wish I could have my Roo back.
sad.png

RIP Pepper
How nice to have the TLC right before, though. It's nice to see you here, but I'm sorry for the reason.

That sounds like chaos! I'm glad it turned out okay for the mammals. I'm sorry about your roo: poor fella. If your EE is a hen, I know you'll have no issues finding a replacement roo from the board, here. Our tiny d'uccle might not fit your needs, but I'm offering.

So sorry about your roo! How awful. Your EE looks like a roo to me. I see pin feathers in his tail.

Been working outside the last two days putting up the fence between my neighbor and us. Was funny how they avoided us all day. Stupid people... Wish they'd stay in the city.
somad.gif

'

Back
Top Bottom