Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

'
so sorry about your roo.
sad.png

Putting it on here before CL. I have a gorgeous German NH roo and hen (layer) that I got from Hillbilly Hen over a year ago. I will only let them go as a pair. They are a heritage breed with a great history. 30 for the pair. Let me know. The roo is pretty gentle also. I hate to part but I want to reduce to one rooster and these two need a new home.

I could entertain letting the roo go alone if someone needs a good roo that obeys the MAN. He's a good boy.

Thanks everybody. Every time i go out the girls look so down, they definitely seem to know he's gone. I even miss the crowing all day, lol.

@JackieandChicks -They do look alot alike, I got mine from FFH.

@Amy PT -Thanks for the offer. I only want 1 rooster so I will hold out a little while to see what this EE is, I do believe he is a roo. My old one was an RIR and stood well over 2ft, all my hens are on the larger side cuz I worry about the hawks over here.

On a good note, mama muscovy and her 16 baby ducklings are all doing well and enjoying watching them swim in their lil pool. Weather has been great.
smile.png

Thank you Silly for your intrest...

I thought just maybe she was egg bound because she was in the nest box when I found her and she appeared to be laboring a little. Her vent was clean and normal colored... but she had normal colored runny poo stuck to her butt feathers.
I reasearched on here for a few minutes and made my post and decided to give her a warm bath... She was falling asleep in the tub but it seemed to make no difference (other than to get the poo off her). I got her out of the tub and into a towel and she passed away in my arms.

I did not do a necropsy because my son was with me and I am sure it would have made him upset to see her opened.

I talked to RaZ and told him they had been caught red handed eating toads recently (Ewwww!) and thought maybe they had made her sick???
I don't know and I feel terrible but she had a little spa treatment before she passed...

RIP Pepper
So sorry for your loss. Until yesterday I did not think losing one of my birds would upset me so much.
sad.png

So sorry byfmom.

My chick is still alive, it's abdomen looks good and the umbilical area is healed but she is still sleepy so while I am hopeful she isn't out of the woods.

Interesting, sad news tonight. Some of you newer folks won't remember our unfortunate history with dogs so I'll try highlight. Three of our neighbors are related. Two years ago the neighbor right across from us, their dogs killed and ate 3 chickens and a guinea. They paid for them and the husband said shoot them if they show up, their my wife's dogs anyway. We didn't want in the middle of it so we either scared them off or called the cops. One year ago my husband shot an unknown dog that had a chicken in its mouth and wouldn't leave. It was the next neighbor down who is from the same family. They were furious and said it was some rare breed but admitted it had been missing all day but they were to busy to look for it. So...tonight we hear shooting. The neighbor across the road calls. He tells me if we see his dog shoot it, he has already shot the one but the other ran off and he didn't want to have it come over our way. It seems they decided to try chickens this year and the dogs just killed all 50 of their birds. Poor chickens and poor dogs neither deserved what happened. It will however, make my life easier not to have worry about the dogs running over here.

It has been my experience that there are certain people that shouldn't be allowed to have animals. They don't have the ability to properly care for them or perhaps they just don't care enough. On further thought I realize many of them very often do raise animals, except they call them their kids.

Mindylee, I hope I can make it out that way! I love the Iris I have and want more! I have a graduation in Imlay City tomorrow, maybe on the way back we can take the really long way.

Back
Top Bottom