Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I had a fabulous first Chicken Stock! Came home with 2 beautiful Silkie Roos, a very cute Fayoumi Roo, and a precious polish hatchling.Thank you Folly's Place @ChickWhispers and @lovemychicklets .

Lovemychicklets did you have any polish hatchlings left? If so where are u located? Were interested in a couple more.

Hi there SpidersHuman! I sold the whole box full of them! I'm sorry :( We are in the Lapeer area just NE of the McClaren Hospital by about 4 miles. I plopped 4 Polish eggs in the incubator Friday (along with 79 other eggs!!!!) so when they hatch I can always let you know.

We were at the first CS and weren't able to attend the 2nd. This CS was great, food was AWESOME and it was really interesting to hear the Dr. speak. Thank you very much for arranging that Wynette!!!! T

I wish there were more birds there though. I totally understand not bringing them unless they are presold - I was going to do the same thing. Glad I didn't though. My son sold his 3 ducklings, Partridge Silkie pair and I my Polish chicks. We had to bring the breeding flock of Polish back home and they were none too happy to take the long ride again though. All doing fine now though. Roo is out there crowing up a storm!!! I think he was the loudest roo at CS
hmm.png

Yesterday was great!
Great food, great weather &, most importantly, great company! So glad to get some more faces to go with screen names:)

I was beyond stuffed when I got home, so the only thing I had for dinner...
@Hillbilly Hen
Yep, Mounds Bar brownies ;)
Which I am about to have for breakfast, too....

@Wynette
Thank you for arranging to have Dr. Fulton speak. He was awesome. Very informative, brought the talk down to layman's terms & extremely engaging. Would love to have him for a prof...almost makes me want to take a class from him! Can't wait to get a copy of his presentation. And, thank Dave for doing all the grilling!

Also, thanks everyone for doing a quick cleanup...especially since there was an event in the pavilion following CS at 16:00. It was nice to be able to just sit down & chat for a bit since everything was pretty much all done by 2ish.

@uchytil Looking forward to seeing the pix. You did such a fabulous job last year :D
(& next year I promise to make my screen name bigger than my real name on my name tag :rolleyes:)

Finally, know I didn't get to meet a lot of people that attended. Gonna have to work on doing a better job making the rounds next year!

Oh, AND, a HUGE thanks to everyone that did the planning for CS; thread setups & maintenance, getting the pavilion, etc :thumbsup

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for letting a "Buckeye" attend CS! I really enjoyed meeting everyone that I did. Thank you to those ( @mindylee by way of @LoveMyChicklets , @SpidersHuman, @key1969, and one more, Grace, DD of @gmauerman and I know I'm missing someone else- I'm sorry) who took one of my cockerels. I'm sure that they all went to a good home! And thanks @Living the Simple Life for getting my little 7 week olds. I hate to give up chicks but I know they too went to a good home!

The food was awesome and so were the people. My only regrets were I didn't get to meet everyone and I got there too late to hear Dr Fulton.

Thanks again!
You've inspired Grace to start her own flock, something I haven't been able to do. lol. She started her own BYC account, chickidy-love. In sure she'd love to hear from you.

Hi there SpidersHuman! I sold the whole box full of them! I'm sorry :( We are in the Lapeer area just NE of the McClaren Hospital by about 4 miles. I plopped 4 Polish eggs in the incubator Friday (along with 79 other eggs!!!!) so when they hatch I can always let you know.

We were at the first CS and weren't able to attend the 2nd. This CS was great, food was AWESOME and it was really interesting to hear the Dr. speak. Thank you very much for arranging that Wynette!!!! T

I wish there were more birds there though. I totally understand not bringing them unless they are presold - I was going to do the same thing. Glad I didn't though. My son sold his 3 ducklings, Partridge Silkie pair and I my Polish chicks. We had to bring the breeding flock of Polish back home and they were none too happy to take the long ride again though. All doing fine now though. Roo is out there crowing up a storm!!! I think he was the loudest roo at CS
hmm.png
I beg to differ - RedRoo was the loudest LOL! :) And he's happy to be at home and I promised him he won't be going anywhere soon as it seems he's quite the fellar! :)

Wish I could have stayed to chat and help with CS this year. I really wanted to stay to hear the Dr. Hopefully we can get him out next year too? Next year I'll be more involved again as I do enjoy helping out. Good to see everyone who did come out. I didn't want to stress out my little ram more than he was so I headed home. ... I can't get over how soft his wool is!

Can't wait to try out the maple syrup and...
Lady the wool is so beautiful!

Came home from CS to take care of critter chores. Took the broody Marans off of the nest for bit and found 2 eggs with pips. Another egg was partially crushed and the chick was shrink-wrapped. So I did the warm wet paper towel thing to help rehydrate the membrane. I did that a few more times of the next few hours. The chick was peeping and another egg was answering. Momma Marans was completely dis-interested.

After checking several times, around 11:30 I brought the egg/chick because MM was pecking at the little foot and some blood veins. I suspect that the egg got broken prior to the chick being ready to hatch on its own. Two other eggs were killed last weak either by momma or the BO who was getting too nosy.

I expected the worse this morning but the little fighter is hanging in there. Checking MM this morning, there was clean empty shell in the box. A perfect exit by the hatchling. That makes me think the fighter was prematurely broken somehow. Mother seems OK with the overnight delivery so I put the premie back with the sibling. I figure that is better than having it all alone in a brooder box. And 2 more eggs have pipped.

I am never hatching again!
barnie.gif

Wish I could have stayed to chat and help with CS this year.  I really wanted to stay to hear the Dr.  Hopefully we can get him out next year too?  Next year I'll be more involved again as I do enjoy helping out.   Good to see everyone who did come out.  I didn't want to stress out my little ram more than he was so I headed home. ... I can't get over how soft his wool is!

Can't wait to try out the maple syrup and...
Lady the wool is so beautiful! 

I'm just glad you stopped by with the little guy. Being a former city girl...that's the closest I've ever been to a ram! I loved getting to see him, he's so cute :)

LoveMyChickets for sure let mw know if/when they hatch. We love flower, and she like us much better then my other chicks. She's spent the morning following me around the house peeping and now is napping on the kids while they watch tv.

LoveMyChickets for sure let mw know if/when they hatch. We love flower, and she like us much better then my other chicks. She's spent the morning following me around the house peeping and now is napping on the kids while they watch tv.

Oh that is sooooo cute!!!!! She's all nice and warm and being loved on. Precious!!!! I will let you know when they hatch, no problem!

Back
Top Bottom