Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I have a pullet that has a leg that goes straight back and stiff with her hip sticking out at the socket of that leg. I feel bad for her and I usually would cull a bird if I see this. I have no ideal what's wrong and she will never walk. She's 4 months old and has been doing this since she was about a month an half old.
But I keep her as she eats and drinks good. She is a mille frizzle Cochin bantam so I do trim all the feathers off that bad leg. She dose poo on it and everyday I was it if need be and put vasilen on it to keep if from getting burned by her poo. I take her outside everyday while doing chore so she gets grass, sun, and fresh air.
She's a sweetie and will do all that I can to keep her cunffy. If she shows any signs of her going down hill then I will cull her then.
I honestly feel so bad for her. I hope she's living a happy life): we need to have doctors that specialize in chickens lol that'd be amazing. Most vets don't know what the heck to do with chickens

ep.gif
OMG, they do look like a herd of poodles

I was wrong. It was something else, not tape worms. Vet's office says that the tapeworm life cycle takes longer than these guys have been alive to get to the "shedding" phase. Good to know... I guess?

Still no mum.

Which leads me to my next question... If one has to use a live trap to catch a critter, how does one avoid constantly catching their own SPAYED barn cat only??
Good luck with that, I even caught a coon, it at least was smart enough not to get caught again.

My favorite smell is freshly baled hay. I love to walk in a barn with freshly stacked hay.
me too, as long as it doesn't smell hot.

Quote:
You and me both...If it wasn't for this forum & everyone's help & advice & teachings, who knows where I'd be in this whole chicken thing! aart certainly taught me something new yesterday with the TRUE definition of "medicated". Must admit, whenever I see that term I think of things like antibiotics, etc. tori...hoping you girl gets better soon...she is beautiful.. (I have NO clue why when I am at work I don't have the ability to use the "@name" OR any of the fun characters. AND, I still can't use Safari on my iPad to view/respond on BYC...get white screen with "disallowed key character" (or something like that)..can use Chrome, but it is SLOOOOWWW!)) HAPPY FRIDAY everyone!!

I was wrong. It was something else, not tape worms. Vet's office says that the tapeworm life cycle takes longer than these guys have been alive to get to the "shedding" phase. Good to know... I guess?

Still no mum.

Which leads me to my next question... If one has to use a live trap to catch a critter, how does one avoid constantly catching their own SPAYED barn cat only??
just a thought... you shouldn't try to "force" the mom (if it is the mom) .......she may have abandoned them on purpose... if you force them together she may kill them, exp if they aren't hers.. are the kittens in an area where she can find them? If you want to try to trap her try canned cat food or tuna....... though your chances of trapping a coon or grinner is better. Good luck!

sheep.......LOL! Photo shop is an awesome program.......... wish I had it!

Last edited:
....... though your chances of trapping a coon or grinner is better. Good luck!

sheep.......LOL! Photo shop is an awesome program.......... wish I had it!
What's a grinner? Possum?

Photoshop Elements is only a hundred bucks....much less function than the full, but still....works for me but I'm a lightweight anyway, and better than nothing after having had PS full for years.

Back
Top Bottom