Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

this is the little duck that was found as a stray in mt.p. what do u all think he is I've had one person say he looked like a silver appleyard and some say muscovy.

Wonderful, I hope it works out for you.

@Wynette those ducklings are adorable.
Yes it did...nice young couple with a boy my grandson's age. They just started chickens and have a a few acres in the country. The little boy was chasing my ducks, wanted to ride the goats, and made me pick him up to see the rabbits. Good stuff!

It's beautiful here in gatlinburg, TN!
@chickflick What happened??? I waited at the end of my driveway with my bags packed and you never showed up?????
wink.png
idunno.gif
hit.gif
tongue.gif

this is the little duck that was found as a stray in mt.p. what do u all think he is I've had one person say he looked like a silver appleyard and some say muscovy.
He's cute, that's what he is.

Yes it did...nice young couple with a boy my grandson's age. They just started chickens and have a a few acres in the country. The little boy was chasing my ducks, wanted to ride the goats, and made me pick him up to see the rabbits. Good stuff!
Wonderful!!
thumbsup.gif
clap.gif

If anyone knows who had to give up their pet chickens at the ravenna auction today because of the new law i am sorry i didn't get to meet them. I was able to purchase the timid d'uccle girl but not able to keep the easter egger; i did however gift another chicken hugger with her who was wanting her when the sale was over. I pick who i give to very carefully. The little one is in a rabbit cage with her own food and water until my little roo gets used to her. (She was too quick and needy at the food and water and it displeased him that she dared eat first; was a hot day so i gave her her own space since it was not her fault. )

Merecks is making rounds through michigan and it can incubate in as little as a week; i don't as a rule touch birds without a clothes change and a scrubbing; i do get nervous buying lately. Praying to all that is holy that she is clean of it...Been looking so long for a mate for him though....good foot feathers on toes, sweet and looked right into my eyes when i touched her beak (a way to express "friends/ like" to a bird; if they are human affectionate it will be clear vs non)
those girls were obviously someone's babies.
:(

Last edited:
I fear that is just a small part of the fall-out of the MDARD policy change. Chickens and other livestock are going to be re-homed as local authorities crack down on "outlaw" backyard farmers. Who knows where those animals will wind up. Or the care they will be provided.

The other thing is that the actual language of the State Law did not change. Only the accessibility of certain people to use it as originally intended, meaning that the courts will be tasked with deciding one's fate. At nearly each and every municipality across the state. Chaos designed by special interests and supported by MDARD puppets.

Just remember that this is an election year.

Her wings and neck are just fine. She was flapping like crazy today when I was trying to check her out. Her eyes are clear and alert. Weight is holding steady so far. I got some vitamin B complex today I'm gonna start giving her. I read it can be a vitamin deficiency, but I feel so cruel keeping her like this, even for a week or so :(

Keep us posted! She's so beautiful!

--

Came home after photographing an early morning wedding and found OUR FIRST EGG!
wee.gif

The girls are only 4 months old...I feel like my wyandotte is being an overachiever. ;) Its so tiny and adorable!

HAPPY WEEKEND! Its going between crazy hot and weird showers here on the Lake. Hope everyone is able to get lots done!

Came home after photographing an early morning wedding and found OUR FIRST EGG!
wee.gif

The girls are only 4 months old...I feel like my wyandotte is being an overachiever. ;) Its so tiny and adorable!

HAPPY WEEKEND! Its going between crazy hot and weird showers here on the Lake. Hope everyone is able to get lots done!
The first egg is always a special event. Even if you have had chickens for years that first egg from a hen is a treat.

Back
Top Bottom