Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I think I am down to five broodys now. The others still act broody - as in walking around fluffed out and picking on everyone, but they aren't sitting. I do however have a broody guinea. The eggs aren't fertile so I'm not worried, but every night I chase her into the coop. The dog has gotten in the habit of helping me herd her in. This morning she headed back out to her nest when I let everyone out. I hear noise and look over to see Titus attempting to keep her from going to her nest. He tries to be a helpful pup!

I've been considering starting a meal worm farm. I was thinking someone on here talked about it. I'm looking for some opinions before I try. Between the Hedgehog, quail and chickens they would happily go through pounds.

I can't believe it is already 4th of July coming up this week. I am not ready to go camping and can't believe a month of the summer is already gone. The sad thing is I've been cleaning the basement and setting up all my fitness stuff. DH asked since right now I don't even have time to use it. I told him I was getting it ready for winter.
hit.gif
But it's true. It seems everything I have been working on with coops and pens has been with the intent to have it ready.

I'm so sorry, Laura! Couldn't get DH to make the detour to your place and you would have had to sit on someone's lap!! Next time! Lol. Having fun. Meeting an old friend for breakfast!

I'm so sorry, Laura! Couldn't get DH to make the detour to your place and you would have had to sit on someone's lap!! Next time! Lol. Having fun. Meeting an old friend for breakfast!
So fun, no chores - just sit around and have a good time!

There were others i could not help. :(

What is upsetting to me is that pet chickens are PETS and are accustomed to gentle handling, human comanionship. Small flock. It is no different than taking a cherished house dog and dropping him in with a wild pack. More food perhaps, but the shock is still there. I feel terrible not being able to help. I would gladly run a re homing business if not for the severity of some of the diseases in mi flocks right now. Mine have respiratory, but that is easy to manage and not likely to wipe out my flock.

If anyone knows who had to give up their pet chickens at the ravenna auction today because of the new law i am sorry i didn't get to meet them. I was able to purchase the timid d'uccle girl but not able to keep the easter egger; i did however gift another chicken hugger with her who was wanting her when the sale was over. I pick who i give to very carefully. The little one is in a rabbit cage with her own food and water until my little roo gets used to her. (She was too quick and needy at the food and water and it displeased him that she dared eat first; was a hot day so i gave her her own space since it was not her fault. )

Merecks is making rounds through michigan and it can incubate in as little as a week; i don't as a rule touch birds without a clothes change and a scrubbing; i do get nervous buying lately. Praying to all that is holy that she is clean of it...Been looking so long for a mate for him though....good foot feathers on toes, sweet and looked right into my eyes when i touched her beak (a way to express "friends/ like" to a bird; if they are human affectionate it will be clear vs non)
those girls were obviously someone's babies.
:(

Yes, I've been talking to its prior owner. I'm confident you have good disease free chickens from a loving home.

If anyone knows who had to give up their pet chickens at the ravenna auction today because of the new law i am sorry i didn't get to meet them. I was able to purchase the timid d'uccle girl but not able to keep the easter egger; i did however gift another chicken hugger with her who was wanting her when the sale was over. I pick who i give to very carefully. The little one is in a rabbit cage with her own food and water until my little roo gets used to her. (She was too quick and needy at the food and water and it displeased him that she dared eat first; was a hot day so i gave her her own space since it was not her fault. )

Merecks is making rounds through michigan and it can incubate in as little as a week; i don't as a rule touch birds without a clothes change and a scrubbing; i do get nervous buying lately. Praying to all that is holy that she is clean of it...Been looking so long for a mate for him though....good foot feathers on toes, sweet and looked right into my eyes when i touched her beak (a way to express "friends/ like" to a bird; if they are human affectionate it will be clear vs non)
those girls were obviously someone's babies.
sad.png
IT WAS US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had to get rid our 4 years old sons pets. 3 ISA Browns in 1 cage, Easter Egger and Bantam (you have) in another cage, Silver Laced Wyandotte in another cage, Barred Rock in another cage and a Leghorn in another cage. A total of 5 cages at the auction.

How did you know that they were pets???? Because of the tags I hung on the cages??? I dropped them off at 9AM with a tear in my eyes. Me, my wife and son all loved those crazy chickens!!!! We were hoping that they would stay together, but that's ok.

My son called the 3 ISA Brown "Chicken Nuggets" and I sure hope that they are at a nice farm today.

We are at the auction almost every Saturday looking at the rabbits. It would be so nice to meet you!!!!

The one you got we named "China" because she was so small and delicate. They were held as pets from the time we got them at Family Farm & Home.

So glad to hear that you got one of them.

Please private message me if you would. I don't get on this thread ever since it moves so fast................ and now without any chickens I probably won't be here anymore, but I do get email notifications if someone PM's me.

Thanks again!!!

Jim, Michelle & Matthew from Muskegon.

We have decided to sell our coop since we can't have chickens any longer. It's hard on us seeing it sitting there without the chickens that we love. It's time to try and move on............

Here's an ad about the coop. If you are interested please PM me (don't post in this thread because I probably won't see it). I get PM's to my email.

If you know anyone who is looking for a great backyard coop that is extremely well built please pass this information on to them. Thank you.

```````````````````````````````

This coop was built in April 2013 by a licensed home builder with 30+ years of experience. Every last detail is perfect!

The coop dimensions are (including the space underneath) – 68" at the highest point.
Removable run is – 8' long x 30" wide x 40" tall' with easy access door on the side.
Inside the coop is 4’x4’x4’
Exterior is 50" deep x 50" wide.
Nest box is additional 18"x 24" off the back.
This held our 5 chickens very comfortably for the past 13 months and we had 3 more that we added this spring.

Coop includes double nest box, 4’ perch, ventilation in the front and back, sliding door, large clean-out door with linoleum floor and removable poop-board , 2 windows that open (one on the front and one on the side), 40 year shingles, hardwood boards and T-111 siding. The run and area under the coop are covered with 1/2" hardware cloth to keep predators out!!!

Easy clean-out underneath the coop as well with removable wire mesh panel.

Roof joists are specially built to withstand ANY snow load. This past winter there was over 3’ of snow on the roof!!!

This coop is built solid and is like a rock. You will need 3 or 4 guys to load it on your trailer. It weighs about 400LBS. – I’m sorry I cannot help.

Compare this to other coops at the same price from Tractor Supply or Family Farm & Home that are built with cheap China Fir wood that rots in no time and are EXTREMELY small!

This coop will last for 20 years or more!!!!

Price is $350 SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY!!!! Pick up in North Muskegon.

``````````````````````````

Back
Top Bottom