Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

It was a busy day for me. First was a CT scan with contrast dye. When that 100 cc of iodine hits your veins you sure do feel it. Different parts of your body light up with a perception of heat. It was a strange sensation.

Afternoon was spent in court answering the "show cause / contempt of court" allegations. Long story short, the court probation director was trying to get money from me for a case that has been closed for several months. Fortunately, I had the ROAs (Register of Actions) and the transcripts for each appearance. After a brief recess the judge came back and said that the case was closed and I was free to go. I asked him to repeat that a second time so it should be there on the transcript for today. The only thing left unknown is what the sticky notes in the file say. I was not allowed to see those hand written notes.

A ward of advice to anyone appearing in a court of law: get a copy of the ROA and request a copy of the hearing transcript. It just might save you later.
My mom's brother passed away this weekend and today was the funeral. I had to miss it. Yesterday was a viewing and I offered to drive mom to that. Mom declined because I drive a truck. Apparently it is bad form to drive a truck to a funeral home. "What will people think" she asked me.
hu.gif
I got my first CT Jan 2014. No one told me what to expect until 10 seconds before he put in the IV (for contrast). I was like "what the..." very weird to say the least when it hits the circ system.

Sorry to hear about your uncle.

It was a busy day for me. First was a CT scan with contrast dye. When that 100 cc of iodine hits your veins you sure do feel it. Different parts of your body light up with a perception of heat. It was a strange sensation.

Afternoon was spent in court answering the "show cause / contempt of court" allegations.  Long story short, the court probation director was trying to get money from me for a case that has been closed for several months. Fortunately, I had the ROAs (Register of Actions) and the transcripts for each appearance. After a brief recess the judge came back and said that the case was closed and I was free to go. I asked him to repeat that a second time so it should  be there on the transcript for today. The only thing left unknown is what the sticky notes in the file say. I was not allowed to see those hand written notes. 

A ward of advice to anyone appearing in a court of law: get a copy of the ROA and request a copy of the hearing transcript. It just might save you later.
[rule]My mom's brother passed away this weekend and today was the funeral. I had to miss it. Yesterday was a viewing and I offered to drive mom to that. Mom declined because I drive a truck. Apparently it is bad form to drive a truck to a funeral home. "What will people think" she asked me. :confused:

So sorry for your family's loss. Your Mom's response to a ride is a hoot. Reminds me of something Jeff Foxworthy would joke about.

Pretty, right?  That's what we usually say so far...

That's what I keep saying, sometimes through clenched teeth.

Raz, sorry about your uncle. Your Mom sounds like an original.
I like the hive just fine, although the bees I got this year swarmed and failed to leave behind a developing queen, so I will have to get new bees next year.

DH has to go for a CT tomorrow.. I'll be sure to warn him!! lol!

Raz very sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

Table is on hold due to deer season! I have to go back to my dads to hunt over the weekend so I'll probably work on getting some wood for the table then.

Tonight I got to try out the blind for the first time... it's really kinda too small to be really comfortable, but it kept me a little out of the wind/weather so that is a plus. I ended up keeping one side closed so I could lean into that corner. I have to laugh.. I get home, get ready, haul myself out to the blind....... realize I forgot the key.......... haul myself back to the house........... grab the key and haul myself back to the blind, get inside..catch my breath for a second. Open the left window... open the center window...... open the right window and...... THERE GOES A DEER! She was only 10 ft away from the window! Why she didn't bolt the first time I plodded up to the blind is beyond me. but the second... and third? and banging around opening the windows?
hu.gif
You just never know with those critters where they'll show up!

Spent the day with Dad helping him get his prescriptions and groceries. He's got an oxygen consintrator thats about the size of a suitcase for his oxygen right now, and it doesn't have that great of a battery life off of a charge. About an hour in and the thing started beeping in Meijer. Then it all died and the car charger for it doesn't seem to work. Hopefully they'll be getting him a better system than that soon. Also had to make a special trip to make sure he's got some ice melt there at his new place. Then got to thinking about getting him a snow shovel, but then remembered he's not really in any shape to shovel his driveway. Hopefully one of his neighbors there will take care of that for him as we're supposed to get a couple of inches tomorrow.

DH has to go for a CT tomorrow.. I'll be sure to warn him!! lol!

Raz very sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif

Table is on hold due to deer season! I have to go back to my dads to hunt over the weekend so I'll probably work on getting some wood for the table then.

Tonight I got to try out the blind for the first time... it's really kinda too small to be really comfortable, but it kept me a little out of the wind/weather so that is a plus. I ended up keeping one side closed so I could lean into that corner. I have to laugh.. I get home, get ready, haul myself out to the blind....... realize I forgot the key.......... haul myself back to the house........... grab the key and haul myself back to the blind, get inside..catch my breath for a second. Open the left window... open the center window...... open the right window and...... THERE GOES A DEER! She was only 10 ft away from the window! Why she didn't bolt the first time I plodded up to the blind is beyond me. but the second... and third? and banging around opening the windows?
hu.gif
You just never know with those critters where they'll show up!
Well, she was taking a nap. You woke her up ya jerk!
wink.png

Sorry for your loss and crazy day Raz.

Uchytil - not pretty! Cold, miserable, blindingly white but I refuse on the pretty.

So today, first sick kid, second 4-wheel drive not working. Work went ok I made it there and back and I get home just before dark. It's been snowing and blowing all day and getting dark. So I put on my warm suit, grab the flashlight to close everyone up. I have 9 birds that are Basque x that haven't integrated to my flock so they been living in the house that the pigs had, snug but no windows. They are huge foragers and out in any weather. So here they all are in a garage that is up on blocks with no windows or doors, all huddled together and won't move. So I take two and put them on their roost. Go back and managed to hit my knee hard on a metal locker that is on the ground. I thought I was going to pass out it hurt so bad. So I'm laying in the snow with the chickens thinking "am I going to make it back to the house?" I ended up limping around after a bit and carrying the rest to the coop. Anyone need some rebellious Basques?

Back
Top Bottom