Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Wish me luck, ya'll! I am attempting to make a sack cyser mead tonight. A sack mead is sweet with a high alcohol content. A cyser is a mead made with apple juice or apple cider instead of water. Everything is sanitized and ready to go!!!!!

Good luck stacykins, it sounds interesting! And congrats on all the hatches. I came home from work to find 6 chicks in my bator, it makes coming home from work even better (like it wasn't already good to get home right?). Happy Easter everybody!

Tried my hand at "cold" smoking some extra hardboiled eggs today. Wife thought I was crazy.. well I may be a little.lol. but they turned out great:) highly recommend trying it....

If u want to "hot" smoke them hard boil boil eggs so they are medium done. Peel shell as normally would. Put in smoker for about 1-2hrs at about 145-150degree, longer if u want smoker flavor:) for "cold" smoking u need a "smoke generator" which makes smoke without heat, easy to make if you can research youtube:) boil eggs to desired doneness and peel. Place in smoker for 1-3hrs. Well worth doing.. May never eat "regular" boils eggs again..

Wish me luck, ya'll! I am attempting to make a sack cyser mead tonight. A sack mead is sweet with a high alcohol content. A cyser is a mead made with apple juice or apple cider instead of water. Everything is sanitized and ready to go!!!!!
Good luck. High gravity brews are always fun to brew. I haven't tried a cyser mead but I've done a few cyser ales. Soooo good.
droolin.gif

I'm using my brew equipment to boil down my sap. I think I'll use it for a maple mead after it gets cooked down. On the other hand, I do have some apple juice in the freezer from last fall. Maybe a maple, apple mead is in the works. Hmm.

Questions....are turkey's laying yet? Does anyone know anyone who has turkey eggs for sale? Please PM me if you have turkey's.

Also, does anyone know what type of egg this may be and does anyone have any? I'm thinking Cochin ? But not sure. It's not real big as you can see part of a coturnix quail egg next to it and it's longer and pointed on one end.
Also looking for Olive egger eggs. PM me thanks.

Questions....are turkey's laying yet? Does anyone know anyone who has turkey eggs for sale? Please PM me if you have turkey's.

Also, does anyone know what type of egg this may be and does anyone have any? I'm thinking Cochin ? But not sure. It's not real big as you can see part of a coturnix quail egg next to it and it's longer and pointed on one end.
Also looking for Olive egger eggs. PM me thanks.
Do you need the eggs? I can bring some to Chickenstock...I have these (posted before)....

And a lighter shade if you want...

Back
Top Bottom