Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I purchased some flexible silicone ice cube trays just for freezing eggs. I had one silicone ice cube tray, and it is SO nice. It stays firm enough to hold by the edge and not spill the liquids, but frozen cubes pop out with zero effort or banging the tray on the countertop.
How do you go about freezing eggs? Do you mostly use them for cooking?

I have only used them for cooking but you could have them scrambled. you crack them open(of course) scramble slightly add 1/8 tsp salt OR sugar for 2 eggs. I do 2 eggs per cup and I freeze in small Glad dishes. pop them out after frozen and keep frozen in a freezer bag.
I would like to see the ice cube tray, it doesn't seem large enough for a whole egg.

I have only used them for cooking but you could have them scrambled. you crack them open(of course) scramble slightly add 1/8 tsp salt OR sugar for 2 eggs. I do 2 eggs per cup and I freeze in small Glad dishes. pop them out after frozen and keep frozen in a freezer bag.
I would like to see the ice cube tray, it doesn't seem large enough for a whole egg.

It isn't. I feel a cube might be about half an egg. I will compare volume one of these days. But I don't mind. They do come in other sizes, but this is the size I got.

This is what I did too....sans salt or sugar.
Never thought to pop them out and store in a bag, gonna do that as I was lamenting the loss of the containers for other things

THAT is so cool!!
Tho spheres waste storage space.

Yesterday sure was a busy day. I agreed to built a 6x8 coop for some people, who when they saw my egg sign, stopped to ask advice about raising chickens. So the day was spent chasing material. I sure miss the day when I could call the local lumber yard and they would have my order ready when I got there. Now in this big box era you spend your time cruising the aisles to find and load what you need onto cart.

$650 later I had almost everything I need so today I will get started building. I'm going to panelize it so that it can be taken apart and easily transported and reassembled at there location.

Back
Top Bottom