Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

So excited!!! chickens are 24 weeks old and just got our first eggs today!!

Glad to see yours started laying so late in the year! Mine are 21 weeks and haven't started yet and I've read they might wait a lot longer due to the light and cold. Maybe mine will lay soon!

Yes I was afraid mine wouldnt lay till spring. I have 8 of them and am hoping the others will start in the near future as well.

So excited!!! chickens are 24 weeks old and just got our first eggs today!!

Yay for first eggs! Mine started laying Oct 27 and I have been getting 3-5 eggs per day from 8 girls. The excitement of finding eggs doesn't get old. :) That olive one is SO pretty. Can you post a pic of the girls who layed it?

I currently have 99 cochin bantams here. Most of my breeders was eith shipped in as birds or hatching eggs from about a dozen different breeders from all over the states.

Hubby wont agree to shipping chickens he wants me to be able to see em first hand before buying. I got burned last time I drove 2 hrs to get bantams. came home w three got scolded cuz they were younger than they were supposed to be and I brought em home anyway. I ended up giving two away that were only a few weeks old to keep peace in my house. LOL Now he gets to go w me anytime I get new chickens cuz Im too nice.
I'm patiently waiting for our next trip down state and hopefully Mary will still have a few extra milli hens. If not maybe some chicks. :D

Back
Top Bottom