Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

All the best, Raz, so sorry. I had wonderful birds from Cackle last year! All healthy, extra in the box, and no illnesses or issues of any sort. It's my second Cackle order, and was delighted both times. Mary

My first broody hen is in Day 19-20. And guess what? I'm pretty sure another one has gone broody. We got rid of our rooster almost 2 weeks ago so I probably need to buy her some fertile eggs right?

Anyone near the Dexter Ann Arbor area have fertile eggs they'd like to sell me?

Chances are your eggs could still be fertile even after 2 weeks without a rooster as hens can often stay fertile 3-4 weeks after their last mating. Go ahead and try them and candle in about 5-7 days and see how they look.

Chances are your eggs could still be fertile even after 2 weeks without a rooster as hens can often stay fertile 3-4 weeks after their last mating.  Go ahead and try them and candle in about 5-7 days and see how they look. 

Ok maybe I will! The only thing is I only 3 hens, and two are broody. The new one has one egg. I can give her the 3rd hens egg from this morning. I'd like her to have 4. Should I give her 2 more that have been sitting on my counter? Are they still viable?

x2 Mary
we have gotten some of Mary's "extras" from her Cackle orders (White Chanteclers) & they are pretty decent considering "hatchery stock".
Here's Walter White ......

My first broody hen is in Day 19-20. And guess what? I'm pretty sure another one has gone broody. We got rid of our rooster almost 2 weeks ago so I probably need to buy her some fertile eggs right?

Anyone near the Dexter Ann Arbor area have fertile eggs they'd like to sell me?
I'm in Ann Arbor at this very second... waiting while my wife is at a bridal shower... but I didn't bring any eggs with me! (2+ hour drive to get here)

It looks like I will have to give up my flock. Anyone interested in wonderful BAs, BOs & EEs? I would like to keep the girls together if possible.

My mom's health has taken a huge turn for the worse. She'll be moving into a hospice facility tomorrow or Monday.
Her illness has been taking so much of my time that I need to downsize everything and prepare for the inevitable.

I'll also be getting her house ready to sell and set up some kind of estate sale. She has a vast collection of Hull pottery if anyone is interested in that. There are several "Bandana Duck" pieces. They are pretty cool.

The only upside to this ordeal is that after Mom passes, I can get the heck out of this city.

Sorry about your mom

It looks like I will have to give up my flock.  Anyone interested in wonderful BAs, BOs & EEs?  I would like to keep the girls together if possible.

My mom's health has taken a huge turn for the worse. She'll be moving into a hospice facility tomorrow or Monday.
Her illness has been taking so much of my time that I need to downsize everything and prepare for the inevitable.

I'll also be getting her house ready to sell and set up some kind of estate sale.  She has a vast collection of Hull pottery if anyone is interested in that.  There are several "Bandana Duck" pieces.  They are pretty cool.

The only upside to this ordeal is that after Mom passes, I can get the heck out of this city.

RaZ, if you can't find anyone else I can make room for them.

Back
Top Bottom