Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

My area is in the 6-12in of snow forecast(bordering on the 10-18in section) and then up to 1/3in of ice on Sunday. There a section on the Lake Huron side that is supposed to get WAY more snow tho.

I desperately need to get chicks moved around. My basement chicks are getting huge and stinky, but I can’t move the outside chicks until we get roost bars adjusted (will be way easier with only a couple of birds in the big coop instead of 20)

Wow, guys! Glad we're not getting the snow. But, this cold rain is pretty bad, too. At least I won't have to shovel anything. Expecting ice, tho. Glad we got an all house generator. Last winter we lost power if it looked like it would storm. Once for 5 days. Told hubby we are getting a generator. Of course, all winter we never lost power. :he Stay safe, all. Hunker down and watch some movies.

RAIN, ice and a little snow, not to much yet, fingers crossed. Birds are not happy with the wind.
Didn't get to the old hens last night, weather was so wet.
Hope no one loses their power. We got a generator some years ago first 2 or 3 yrs never lost power. have gotten lots of use out of it though. and a real blessing when the power is out for 4 or 5 days

We lost power here for about 4 hours this morning. Just our road though. Part of a tree fell on a line, Consumers and Davey's took care of it pretty quick. We are fortunate enough to have a home generator that kicks on automatically. If the dog wouldn't have barked when it kicked on @ 6a I wouldn't have even known what happened. I did venture out to Meijer before the sleet and freezing rain really started coming down. They had a good sale with perks on fertilizer that ended today and wanted to get out and back before the crap really started coming down. Chickens & chicks never left the coop today and I don't blame them.

Back
Top Bottom