Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Here we see the wily Michigan Snow Snake. Actually it is a northern ribbon snake. I found 4 of them yesterday while doing chores. I'm getting pretty good at spotting them. Picked one up that was being eyed by a nosy hen. Let it go in the wood pile. It was just like the scene from the first Harry Potter movie. Thaankssssss.

Snow snake 1.jpg
snow snake 2.jpg
snow snake in sun.jpg
t````````````````````````````

My month old chicks have very watery poops. I don't know if they're just drinking a lot of water or something else going on. Seem healthy. They play football quite a bit. Lots of running and jumping going on.
Well, off to make angel wings. There's another German word for it, but I wouldn't know how to spell it. The senior center is having a German day tomorrow, so I thought the folks would like to try my favorite German treat.
Enjoy this beautiful weather.

The floor foundations were shored up. It was still level when I put down the floor.
I have a bunch of stone to make the front look pretty but that will come later.
One wall up and temporarily supported. Hence the cross braces in the pictures. Not too bad for working alone.

My main problem getting things done is only one good hand that works. Secondary problems are being so easily distracted by all the things going on around me. Like finding snakes in several areas. And the cluster of 5 snakes travelling together around the foundation. They are forming breeding balls and is fascinating to watch. I have pictures on my phone but can't get them to upload to my computer to share.

Anyway, how was your day?

Attachments

• IMG_3785.JPG
    IMG_3785.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3786.JPG
    IMG_3786.JPG
    975.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3787.JPG
    IMG_3787.JPG
    986.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3788.JPG
    IMG_3788.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 2
Looks good, man!
Better get an apron around that foundation/floor or those snakes will end up living under there.......but maybe that's OK with you?

My day was great....started out with a rocking then pipped egg in the bator, got an unpleasant errand taken care of, offset by some funner ones...and just the warm weather was a balm. 2 chicks hatched so far, 4-5 more pips, first BCMxCCL hatched is a GIRL!!

That is sweet about the first to hatch! My day was loaded with work so didn’t do much chicken related except take pics of the chick, make sure the river of melt water continues to flow out unimpeded. Then this afternoon, the DW calls me and tells me the cats are in the run with the chickens! They do go into the coop sometimes and hang out with the birds. The 6 day old isn’t much bigger than a chickadee.... So I was stressing all afternoon. Thankfully for no reason!

Looks good, man!
Better get an apron around that foundation/floor or those snakes will end up living under there.......but maybe that's OK with you?

Thanks. It's getting there. Just been so slow.

I'm okay with the snakes. I like having them around. I haven't seen any bigger than a pencil in thickness but they are welcome here. Even still, the hardware cloth apron will go in soon. My biggest problem right now is the chipmunks. They are everywhere. The dogs try but they are quicker and can climb the wood piles.

This adopted "barn cat" hasn't earned his keep yet. In fact, the little turd is getting a belly rub as I type.
IMG_3789.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3791.JPG
    IMG_3791.JPG
    342.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3792.JPG
    IMG_3792.JPG
    421.8 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom