Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

You're going to have to let him borrow your phone soon again. I've been doing runs here to a special stop that a lot of my friends have liked getting gifts from, need to get one to him sometime soon. ;) Don't worry, it won't be from History of Drinking In Ann Arbor. (gym next to Mongolian BBQ where we had lunch today.)

Productive day today, went shopping for some shirts to use for the engagement photos next month and even did a little ring shopping for myself. Actually saw some I liked that wouldn't exactly break the bank, just gotta decide on which one I really want to wear for the rest of my life.
I will have to get together with Aiden soon. Been busy with my dad being in the hospital and now in rehab.

Why did I bother building a coop? Youngins want to sleep in the tree.
bo 1.jpg
BO2.jpg
BO3.jpg
BO4.jpg

That branch is 6 feet off the ground.

The farrier and I mutually decided that Monday was not going to be a 'trim day'! Rain or not, it's too hot!
Tonight my broody hen decided that she was going to roost in the rafters, leaving younglings unhappily roosting only three feet up. Everyone fussed, but that's how it was at dark. Tough love!
Mary

You better get them Buffies out of the tree Raz. Friday Morning I came over and I found one of my buffies dead out in the pen. What I think happened with her is that she missed the evening lock up and was out on something in the pen when something got her in the night. There wasn't any big feather pile in the coop from something getting here or any gaps that would let something get in and out. Her rear end was pretty well chewed up and it looks like something ate most of her guts. Have sat up the live trap and my brother's trail cameras in there, but so far the only thing we've seen in the trap is a ticked off stray cat so far this morning. Could have been a cat that got her, but keeping the trap out for now.

Back
Top Bottom