Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

We got doused big time near the end of the Farmers Market :) yesterday afternoon. We saw it coming right towards us. It was refreshing, but wow, so many people lost their tents . We didn't but still didn't stop the sideways rain gusher to soak the bottom half of me. Very little turnout this first market. I sure hope it gets better. Meanwhile, we have chickies popping out of their shells in the 'bator. and 4 ducklings! I just love baby ducks.

Broody is on Day 13, she's been doing great,
off the nest everyday to eatdrinkpoop and dust bathe.
So glad the coop partition has it's own run.
Gonna candle tomorrow night :fl

Candy they likely stayed home due to the weather. It was awful up here this weekend, rained much of both days and stayed in the low 40's. Still waiting on those "Average 60's during the day" that the weather guy keeps talking about.

My neighbor saw a bat the other day, first one we have seen around here since White Nose disease hit. Maybe I need a bat box!

Ps: thanks JanetMarie for the info on your cotton patch geese. Anyone else out there have geese laying?
Hoping to come to CS this year...love to see you all.
I live in middle of Oklahoma I have ran across this thread I am searching for either the hatching eggs or for goslings if close enough. thank you.

My yard looks like a wild bird sanctuary. I've seen Robin's, indigos, scarlett tanengers, Orioles, humming birds,at least 5 difference species of wood peckers....... and lots more. All thanks to the Hubby making sure the feeders are all kept full.
Also planning on moving the pullets/chicks out to the pole barn tonight or tomorrow after work I need to get them out and the house totaly cleaned before this weekend. They're like a bunch of rambunctious teens and the dust is just too much and I'm sure it's not healthy. Planning on moving some hens into my big coop with the rest of my big girls they're picking on my favorite bantam and I'm just done with it. She hatched 2 of the 3 last year. If they can't be integrated I'll be parting with them.

I had an oriole in the yard a week or so ago.
Don't feed the birds since getting chickens, not in the budget and draws hawks.

Thought I heard something in the driveway yesterday,
stood up just in time to see a red fox bounce off the run wall,
there was nothing in the driveway.

We both watched the chickens run under the coop (shoulda took a pic),
until I yelled at fox to "get the hell out of my yard!!".

It ran into the woods and then the chickens stood at the run wall yelling....
...."and **stay** out of our yard!".

RAZ - I would like a shirt please woman's large. And a bat box too! Do you want me to pay at Chicken stock for both?

Thank goodness for Wendy B and the RTF council. I'm glad they actually acted on behalf of a small farmer this time around.

I was traveling last week for work and then as soon as I got home Friday we had to head down to see DH's mom in the hospital, she had a stroke. She has been steadily improving luckily. So we've been dealing with that, and moving stuff from my moms.... and to top it all off I got friggin poison ivy! :barnie

Looking forward to a wet weekend camping... right. And then heading off to Texas the following week.

Welcome Dave.

Back
Top Bottom