Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

My yard looks like a wild bird sanctuary. I've seen Robin's, indigos, scarlett tanengers, Orioles, humming birds,at least 5 difference species of wood peckers....... and lots more. All thanks to the Hubby making sure the feeders are all kept full.
Same here. I loaned my bird book to a friend a while back and haven't got it back. I have several birds that I can't identify
I have a phoebe family nesting above my bedroom window...I get a wake up call every morning around 5:30 AM. Hungry hatchlings are noisy. :love

RAZ - I would like a shirt please woman's large. And a bat box too! Do you want me to pay at Chicken stock for both?

Thank goodness for Wendy B and the RTF council. I'm glad they actually acted on behalf of a small farmer this time around.

I'll PM you with details about ordering a shirt directly from the source. I'm not sure I'll have the means to be an effective middle man.

Chicken Stock is just a couple of weeks away. I better get busy and build some bat boxes. ;)

Wendy B is a machine when it comes to directing the efforts of the Michigan Small Farm Council (MSFC). She has finally been invited to attend the Site Selection GAAMPs committee after several years of being shut out. This could lead to an appointment to the committee. :fl

Last edited:
I dislike working the night shift. I get home after dark and have to close up the coop by flashlight.
Tonight I had to work even later and didn't get home until midnight. Somehow the coop door got closed and the chickens were locked out in the run. Two hens were even trapped outside of the run. So I had to do some chicken wrangling by flashlight to get them all back in the coop. Fortunately all birds were wrangled and returned safely to the coop.
I'm happy and relieved that no predators visited. Looks like I need to figure out what went wrong and fix the problem.

Tonight I had to work even later and didn't get home until midnight.
TSC is open until midnight...or have you gotten yet another job?
Head Light...one of the best tools I own, use it every night when locking up the coop.

Candled all 8 broody eggs last night...all are still alive!

I understood about the shirt Raz, don't expect you to cover that! Send me a link! How much for the bat box?

I generally do my chores after dark too. Even in the summer time. I kinda like being out when things are quite and after the mosquitoes had their evening feasts.

We finally got the foundation for the new shop poured yesterday and they are finishing it up today. It will be a few more weeks before they can pour the wall and few more till we can start building it. I have to admit, even though I can do all the work, it's kinda nice not having to do it, and still get it done.

I am glad to hear Wendy B may have an opportunity to play a role. I wonder if they never offered the opportunity because they didn't think the RTF council would stick around. Either way, I'm glad it's a step in the right direction for us little guys!

I dislike working the night shift. I get home after dark and have to close up the coop by flashlight.
Tonight I had to work even later and didn't get home until midnight. Somehow the coop door got closed and the chickens were locked out in the run. Two hens were even trapped outside of the run. So I had to do some chicken wrangling by flashlight to get them all back in the coop. Fortunately all birds were wrangled and returned safely to the coop.
I'm happy and relieved that no predators visited. Looks like I need to figure out what went wrong and fix the problem.
I have to wrangle and do more chores in the dark than I care to admit especially during the winter months. I purchased a led 'head light' that straps around my head to keep my hands free. Makes life a little easier.

Back
Top Bottom