Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Hey Yall... watch your dogs and other pets. Apparently the EEE in western/mid state is capable of killing canines. I actually hope we have a frost soon to help kill em off. Darn mosquitoes!

Many of the schools around here are cancelling outdoor activities and some are spraying for mosquitoes. The spraying worries me more than the bugs. They already spray for gypsy moths and that kills a lot more than just moths. Not to mention the boat loads of glyphosate that the farmers spread several times a year.

Worked a rare day shift yesterday and got home while the sun was still up. One of the sapphire gem chicks was outside the run. Got her back in the run. They sure are a flighty breed. Both in temperament and ability to fly.

I'm guessing that the escapees managed to fly over the fence. When I locked up the coop I was missing one of the gems. I hope she didn't get taken by a predator. :fl

Chickens don't get sick from EEE, or WEE, or West Nile. They are used as 'sentinals' some places, because their blood will develop antibodies to these viruses, showing that infected mosquitoes are present in that area.
People who don't vaccinate their horses annually for a number of diseases are nuts, and can have dead horses.
Mary

Chickens don't get sick from EEE, or WEE, or West Nile. They are used as 'sentinals' some places, because their blood will develop antibodies to these viruses, showing that infected mosquitoes are present in that area.
People who don't vaccinate their horses annually for a number of diseases are nuts, and can have dead horses.
Mary
Funny that West Nile would affect wild birds but not chickens?

Back
Top Bottom