Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

SillyChicken

Crowing
10 Years
Jan 12, 2010
Yeah I have to have a big smart phone cause my eye sight's gotten pretty bad for the close up stuff.. I'm always setting it somewhere and forgetting where that somewhere was. It's also a work phone, so I dare not lose it!
Finally decided on a name for the new pup - Angus! Can't wait to bring him home!

F
angus.png

Almost forgot! The younger hens have laid a couple practice eggs. Looking forward to having a few eggs to sell again. For a while now, I've only collected one or two eggs a week from the two older hens the fox left me.

Last edited:

jconst

Hatching
Sep 23, 2019
Livonia, MI
Hey everyone! I'm new to BYC and am hoping to find new home(s) for some roosters in SE Michigan (Livonia). My girlfriend and I have been raising 11 chicks (all half-brahma) we got from a friend and unfortunately 7 of them turned out to be boys. We picked the one that we'd like to keep and I've posted the rest in the BST section here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/6-roosters-well-behaved-brahma-mixes-in-livonia-michigan.1333655/

They're all really wonderful but they're getting to be the age where I'll need to start separating them, or at least the more assertive ones like the leghorns. Thanks for looking!

aart

Chicken Juggler!
Premium member
7 Years
Nov 27, 2012
SW Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Welcome @jconst !
Good post and link...
...but gonna be hard to get rid of that many cockerels.
Have you tried posting on your local craigslist?
Best of cLuck!

Folly's place

Crossing the Road
8 Years
Sep 13, 2011
southern Michigan
Welcome!
It is hard to place cockerels, and craigslist is a good idea. Also signs, with photos, at your local feed stores.
The nearest auction that I'm aware of is near Webberville, a long drive for you, and likely a meat buyer.
This is the reality of raising chicks; many cockerels, mostly meant to be dinner for a family. That's not a bad thing, and they will have had a much better life than those poor commercial meat birds at the grocery store.
Mary

Latest posts

Top Bottom