Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

@Beccazan, check out the 'Fowl Fest' poultry show, coming up in Birch Run, across the street from the mall, the weekend of October 12th. Many breeds will be there, and the Chanteclers are having their national show.
It's best to visit Saturday, and actually talking to exhibitors isn't easy, but try contacting the breed groups first.
mary
Oh yes! You or someone mentioned that before! Thank you sooo much for reminding me!!

I didn't always carry my phone. Stupid smart phones are too big to carry in a pocket. I often left the damn thing on the tractor fender and forgot where I put it.
That's all changed now. I'm back to a flip phone and the very basic level of service, 100 minutes per month of talk and text. Texting won't happen...have to hit the button 3 times to get the correct letter. I'll probably have 80 - 90 minutes of un-used talk anyway. :hmm

There isn't much in the way of breeders in the Thumb. I found a lady with lav orps in Millington last year but she wasn't a serious breeder. Nice birds but not show birds. I don't have her number anymore. Friend of a friend deal. I would like to get into the lavender orpingtons though.

I've been cleaning and organizing the garage and found my old court transcripts. Two boxes of utter nonsense from that garbage city, senile judge. Comparatively, my Master's research didn't completely fill one box. I guess it's all bonfire material now.

Do not underestimate the cleansing power of a big bonfire.

On the other hand, don't get rid of anything prematurely....

Oh yeah. I had a nice bonfire tonight after I got home from work. Mostly the fire was old, broken boxes and tree trimmings from what I skidded out of the woods. Five fallen trees that I cut and split for the fireplace.
The transcripts are safe. I'll read them later.

I made it to TSC at 5 minutes before closing time yesterday. Rounded up the chicken feed, cat & dog food and a couple of other garage items. I had to use the 10% off coupon. I got an extra 5% on the pet food.
Shoot. I just realized that I forgot oyster shell and PDZ. :barnie

But the real story is that the whole store has new people. Apparently, the old team leader and receiver had a nice little back door business. It's just a shame that the regional management and corporate didn't listen to me when I first notified them of the shenanigans taking place there.

But the real story is that the whole store has new people.
I see frequent staff turnover at my TSC.

Time for my old dog to go, his 'good days' are becoming less frequent.
Can't see him suffering thru another winter, and I may already have waited 'too long'.
He's eating and drinking, seems to enjoy strolling thru the yards... but not much else.
Such a hard thing to decide, plan, execute(no pun intended-I don't think).

Back
Top Bottom