Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Good luck on your knee surgery! hope it goes well for you.

Glad to hear Sam is doing well. Thanks for letting us know.

Raz, Glad you're ok. Maybe it's not to bad if you have nosey neighbors to some degree. At least if you get hurt or something they'll find you.....eventually. The worst thing about internet friendships... you kinda have to wait for someone to pop back up and say "I'm ok" after they go missing for a few days!! lol!

I got lucky with my hatch this spring, only one roo sumatra mix... (well, after the fox thinned them out). He's big boy, so far behaving himself. There is an easter egger roo that was one of the mystery chicks I bought. I have the old sumatra roo that has always been a gentleman to me and his girls. I will probably send these guys to freezer camp and keep the old Sumatra. He's earned it!

Mom got the farm cleaned up and on the market finally. Had she listened to my brother and I on a few things, we could have saved her several grand. But, oh well!

4 more weeks and I get to pick up the puppy! Very excited! Y'all take care.

Last winter when one of the horses kicked me I wondered the same thing. First of all it was a Saturday and my BF was out of town, so I was home alone. IF she had kicked me a second sooner she would have caught me in the head instead of the solar plexus, and I would possibly have frozen to death in the 8 degree weather. Then I started worrying about a ruptured liver or spleen - and going to bed that night without waking up in the morning. Sobering.

She has had that horse someplace else this summer, and was making noise about bringing the horses back home this fall. I told her not THAT horse, if she planned on keeping her it would have to be somewhere else. I could never trust her again.

Mary, one of our equine vets was kicked in the abdomen years ago, by one of his nice old geldings having a 'moment', and because his wife was home, he made it to surgery with his ruptured spleen before dying! Not such a good event, but a 'happy' ending. He said that it didn't seem like such a bad blow right at first, but went downhill FAST.
Mary

Depends on the temps! lol... if it's real hot, they may find you a bit quicker. ;)
I have a serious concern about falling or getting hurt in the cooler at work. The beer cooler is set at 38 degrees. The freezer is minus 20. Since I am usually by myself there it is always in my mind. How long before a body freezes to death?

Back
Top Bottom