Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

She would blast out the pop door, run around and EAT EAT EAT then DRINK DRINK DRINK then POOP then furiously dust bathe and leap into the air and shake off all the dirt. All the while growling at the birds in the next pen.
Perfect description!! :gig :gig

But remember, leave her on the nest undisturbed for the last 3 days of incubation, and until she gets up off the nest on her own after hatching, to avoid problems with your hatch.
Yes.
Funny tho this last broody got up for quite awhile after I heard peeping and saw a pip.
I was afraid she was going to blow it, but she went back and sat tight for the next 2-3 days.

It has certainly been a crazy week for me. Last week we began to start seeing more trucks to unload. My first day of extra trucks was going great. It was hot in that trailer with no fan to move air but we were rocking it. We receivers can have water with us since we don't interact with customers. I put away about a litre every hour. At lunch time a couple of guys and I walked out to the gas station for ice tea and candy bars. Walking back I got real light-headed and needed to sit down for a minute. I sat down on the garden centre plant bench and from there just kind of melted to the ground. My boss came up just a few minutes after that and ran to get me a wheel chair. She and a couple of guys got me into the chair and pushed me back into the store and the cool A/C. The coolness helped but wasn't enough to prevent a second episode. So they called the EMTs. And I got a ride in the ambulance to the hospital.

I was dehydrated and had a build up of lactic acid which paralyzed my muscles. Something they called a Near Syncope. Happens a lot in military boot camp and with body builders. They kept me overnight at the hospital and I had an echo stress test the next day. I had had a routine echo just on Monday. But whatever the cardiologist saw with the stress test triggered a heart cath.

Cath was today and revealed an 80% blockage in my LAD, left anterior descending coronary artery.
So guess who gets to see the heart surgeon for another open heart surgery?

Funny thing is that I haven't had any signs or symptoms that might have revealed the blockage. If it wasn't for nearly fainting I wouldn't have known I had a problem. So I guess I got lucky.

I stopped at TSC on the way home. They had chicks they called "Mystic Marans". Never heard of them before. Some kind of cross maybe?

The good news is that you lived to have more done!!! Pretty scary, and your co-workers done good, so you're still with us. Keep chugging along, okay?!
Our fantasy Chickenstock is coming up soon, so have a good recovery and be there with us for next year!
Mary

Hey, I'm from the u.p. not sure if I'm suppose to start a new thread or just keep going....I live on the family farm. My brother and husband run it now. So I guess I've come full circle. Just a hobby farm now. A few head of beef cattle and my chickens. I have have two coops and three pens. One is three buff silkies and a buff silkie/red sex link mix. the big coop is divided with 3 salmon hens a blue silkie rooster and a white hen and rooster pair. the other side is a menagerie of a salmon pullet, a ayam cemani, possible cockeral, 4 rainbow dixie pullets, 2 olive egger, one americana, a red sex link old lady hen and a red sex link/ buff silkie rooster.
I have been disabled since 2004 and some days it takes everything I have just to want to get out of bed. My chickens give me purpose. It's really a struggle some days, especially when it's a -40 windchill day. But knowing they depend on me keeps me going.
I'm hoping to get to know you all. Denise

Back
Top Bottom