Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

My grandson was finally born today. Long dragged out ordeal. Went in hospital yesterday. Cortney had mild contractions. Guess they thought that she would do it on her own. Didn't happen. Finally today, they induced her, but still not advancing. So Oskar was delivered by C section. He's adorable. Won't be able to see him for a long time, to be safe. Even the other kids were sent away. That's going to be hard.

My gawd those tires are positively amazing to still hold air as well! Rubber seems to of survived better from back then eh?
I was a bit worried about them. Even though they had good tread, they were pretty dry-rotted. The right front was low. People I bought it from aired up the tire and it held the whole way home. My next step is to start checking the running gear to make sure it is properly greased and usable. Then, I'll get on with the job of restoring it to a clean, functional wagon.
Like I needed another project!. :oops:

My grandson was finally born today. Long dragged out ordeal. Went in hospital yesterday. Cortney had mild contractions. Guess they thought that she would do it on her own. Didn't happen. Finally today, they induced her, but still not advancing. So Oskar was delivered by C section. He's adorable. Won't be able to see him for a long time, to be safe. Even the other kids were sent away. That's going to be hard.
However he arrived is great. Hope all are doing well.

I was a bit worried about them. Even though they had good tread, they were pretty dry-rotted. The right front was low. People I bought it from aired up the tire and it held the whole way home. My next step is to start checking the running gear to make sure it is properly greased and usable. Then, I'll get on with the job of restoring it to a clean, functional wagon.
Like I needed another project!. :oops:
I have learned that there are a couple valid retro tire sales websites.

I have learned that there are a couple valid retro tire sales websites.
There are. Since this county is mostly agriculture, there are a lot of tire repair shops for farm equipment. They sell new and used tires of every sort and size. I should be good if I need replacements.
The wagon is missing one baby moon hubcap though. That might be hard to find.

Hard to believe that it has only been 2 weeks since I brought home those 4 buckeyes, 4 chanties and 2 roos. It's like they have been here as long as the other hens. Since I got home from hospital, the old girls have been back to a full laying schedule. I guess they didn't want to produce for the sitters.
Day started rainy and none of the birds wanted to come out of the coop. But they all got along just fine together. Of course, when the rain stopped, both flocks went their seperate ways.
Flock dynamics never cease to amaze me. Always so fascinating to watch.

Congrats all around! Whatever way that is safest to come into this world is the best!

Flock dynamics!
Sending our two year old rooster and nine young birds to Randy's made a big difference here. Then our long time (twenty+ years!) boarder, with his ox team, left last week. The flock would hear his truck as it slowed to turn into the driveway, and come running, because he fed them some cracked corn every time he arrived! It was just like a Pied Piper scene almost daily! The birds are not pleased, and still looking for him.
Yesterday seven cockerels and four pullets left, and the flock has a lot of reorganizing to do. It's much more peaceful, with all those boys gone, and the remaining cockerels have to step up and see what they can do.
Then, one bantam pullet has decided to roost in trees, not the coop. Yesterday i stood out there and found her spot, so after dark we had the big net and chicken rodeo to get her inside.
We'll see how tonight goes! She's bait if she stays outside at night, must be reformed...
Mary

Back
Top Bottom