Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Bring back the heat!. If the chill that I have been experiencing this week is any indicator then I'm going to be in for a rough winter. The visiting nurse says that I'm so cold because of the extensive cutting and scarring. My entire chest is numb yet. Just have to keep my mind from thinking about it.

There are always things to do in the garage. I got the ceiling lights all wired in with just a bit of smoke and sparks. :oops: I did have a defective switch so I replaced it and neatened up the wires. I have so much light in the garage. It is great.

I think I'll start cleaning out the coop this weekend. Time for fresh bedding, straw bales, windbreaks, and a better roosting area for the separate flock dynamics. The birds I got from Mary have merged quite well. The rooster is calm and attentive to the old hens. The cockerel is pretty laid back too. Neither male does much crowing. A couple of nice crows early on from Big Boy and a squeak from Little Boy only rarely. It is pretty peaceful here. I'm still amazed at just how big Big Boy is. Enjoy your day.

@RaZ , how does 'take it easy' relate to cleaning out the coop, moving straw bales, and ladder work with electricity fit? Sounds like 'hard work' to me!!!
Mary
Take it what? Not sure I understand the meaning of that word... :idunno
Chores ain't gonna get themselves done unless I help some.
I have noticed that the time spent doing chores takes a lot longer than it used to. How they get done is also vastly different than the way that it used to be. At the end of the day some things get done and some things are left for another day. I might as well take full advantage of doing what I can, when I can. I still get in a lot of simple goofing off during the day.

I've been lurking for a couple months, but now that I've joined BYC, I just want to say hello to fellow and sister Michiganders. Michihens?

I'm in the Grand Rapids area, have three BA pullets and a BO cockerel. I was blessed with my first egg last Sunday. Now there have two girls laying. I hope I have bought my last dozen eggs from the store.

Best,
Sally

I've been lurking for a couple months, but now that I've joined BYC, I just want to say hello to fellow and sister Michiganders. Michihens?

I'm in the Grand Rapids area, have three BA pullets and a BO cockerel. I was blessed with my first egg last Sunday. Now there have two girls laying. I hope I have bought my last dozen eggs from the store.

Best,
Sally
Welcome from southern Michigan.

Back
Top Bottom