Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

RaZ

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Apr 20, 2011
Paradise, MI
@RaZ , how does 'take it easy' relate to cleaning out the coop, moving straw bales, and ladder work with electricity fit? Sounds like 'hard work' to me!!!
Mary
Take it what? Not sure I understand the meaning of that word... :idunno
Chores ain't gonna get themselves done unless I help some.
I have noticed that the time spent doing chores takes a lot longer than it used to. How they get done is also vastly different than the way that it used to be. At the end of the day some things get done and some things are left for another day. I might as well take full advantage of doing what I can, when I can. I still get in a lot of simple goofing off during the day.

Sally PB

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Aug 7, 2020
Belding, MI
I've been lurking for a couple months, but now that I've joined BYC, I just want to say hello to fellow and sister Michiganders. Michihens?

I'm in the Grand Rapids area, have three BA pullets and a BO cockerel. I was blessed with my first egg last Sunday. Now there have two girls laying. I hope I have bought my last dozen eggs from the store.

Best,
Sally

troyer

Songster
Jun 10, 2012
I've been lurking for a couple months, but now that I've joined BYC, I just want to say hello to fellow and sister Michiganders. Michihens?

I'm in the Grand Rapids area, have three BA pullets and a BO cockerel. I was blessed with my first egg last Sunday. Now there have two girls laying. I hope I have bought my last dozen eggs from the store.

Best,
Sally
Welcome from southern Michigan.

RaZ

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Apr 20, 2011
Paradise, MI
There have been scads of grasshoppers here today. I haven't seen such an abundance of grasshoppers since I was a kid. So nice that my little slice of paradise is pesticide free.
Native plants bring native insects of every type. Such a nice biome to call my own.

The chickens are loving the buffet. Every night they go to bed with full bellies (crops). Now if I could only thin the hoards of chipmunks. I can do without their destructive antics.

Top Bottom