Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

How cold is it for you guys right now? Its 35 degrees right now! We also live by lake Huron, so that could have something to do with it.
How far north are you?
I though being near the lake tempers to temps a bit, maybe not on the east side of the state?

Got to just 40 last night, colder tonight.
Almost up to 50 now, but the wind is cold!

We are at 43. Not ready for this yet! Does any one know if I need to do any for my girls if they spray for eee in my area? I want to protect my ladies!
I think they spray at night, but might keep them confined for a day or so.
I saw one map showing the spray areas, now can't find it, they were pretty small areas...wonder how they hit that?
Hate the spraying, it kills all the insects.

I can't think of any insecticide which is "safe" to be around, let alone coating all your property including gardens and play areas. And I agree with Aart, it kills all the bugs, beneficials as well. But since it is invisible to most people, there is not much outcry against it. For the small number of people who get it, the downside seems to be ignored.

I can remember when I was young when the spray trucks rolled up and down the streets of East Lansing, dispensing a fog of chemicals throughout the neighborhood, God only knows what chemicals we were repeatedly exposed to. No wonder cancer is on the rise.

Frost warning in Belding for tonight. I have a garden in a low area, so it will probably end the growing season down there. I have another garden up on a hill; I plan to cover some plants and just hope for the best. I've had a better than average garden so far, so I'm not complaining. Well, not too loudly.

Frost warning in Belding for tonight. I have a garden in a low area, so it will probably end the growing season down there. I have another garden up on a hill; I plan to cover some plants and just hope for the best. I've had a better than average garden so far, so I'm not complaining. Well, not too loudly.
Many folks around here are harvesting or covering plants.
Low areas tend to get hit first...that cold air actually rolls downhill.

Back
Top Bottom