Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I'm not seeing the swirls you mention.
I see tabby like markings in several places, faint but there.
Coloring is off for a cougar.
Wondered about the wire mesh to the right, 7 squares?
......what's right behind/next to the cat is not clear.

120265632_10107813238978475_445990932495209108_n.jpg

Yeah, I be. Don't think it bothered mom's teeth any, just her eye. They all said that its pretty much the worst place to get it at. And I believe it.
The eye is the worst, she has my sympathy and my best wishes.

The picture of the large cat next to the racoon live trap sent me looking... If you go to the wikipedia page for cougar, there is a picture titled "Juvenile cougars in conflict with coyotes in National Elk Refuge." When I zoomed in, the markings of the juvenile do look similar to the markings in the picture. If it is a juvenile, that may explain why it's not as tall compared to the live trap.

I'd love to see those pictures evaluated by someone more familiar with adolescent cougars than we are!
The pictures have the cat closer to the camera, especially his rear, and it make him larger than the cage, and his head smaller. The patterned coat bothers me, and shadowing may play a role in how it looks too.
The largest house cat I ever saw was at the MSU small animal clinic years ago. He was a scrawny adult tomcat, weighing in at nineteen pounds! Huge, and he knew it. Tall and wide and long, and skinny/ underweight.
I've seen other large cats, and heavier (fatter!) cats, but that one was outstanding.
Mary.

I'm thinking that my Chanticleer cockerel might have to go to freezer camp. He is a jerk and getting more aggressive each day. The mature rooster is as nice as can be. He has been walking with a limp lately and I'm not sure why. The 2 males have been tussling for the past few days. I don't need any drama within the flock as we head into winter.

Back
Top Bottom