Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

MIShelley

Hatching
Sep 29, 2020
The picture of the large cat next to the racoon live trap sent me looking... If you go to the wikipedia page for cougar, there is a picture titled "Juvenile cougars in conflict with coyotes in National Elk Refuge." When I zoomed in, the markings of the juvenile do look similar to the markings in the picture. If it is a juvenile, that may explain why it's not as tall compared to the live trap.

Folly's place

Enabler
Sep 13, 2011
southern Michigan
I'd love to see those pictures evaluated by someone more familiar with adolescent cougars than we are!
The pictures have the cat closer to the camera, especially his rear, and it make him larger than the cage, and his head smaller. The patterned coat bothers me, and shadowing may play a role in how it looks too.
The largest house cat I ever saw was at the MSU small animal clinic years ago. He was a scrawny adult tomcat, weighing in at nineteen pounds! Huge, and he knew it. Tall and wide and long, and skinny/ underweight.
I've seen other large cats, and heavier (fatter!) cats, but that one was outstanding.
Mary.

RaZ

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Apr 20, 2011
Paradise, MI
I'm thinking that my Chanticleer cockerel might have to go to freezer camp. He is a jerk and getting more aggressive each day. The mature rooster is as nice as can be. He has been walking with a limp lately and I'm not sure why. The 2 males have been tussling for the past few days. I don't need any drama within the flock as we head into winter.

Folly's place

Enabler
Sep 13, 2011
southern Michigan
Darn! The two cockerels that I kept have so far been very good, sorry about yours, Randy.
He should be tasty, anyhow...
Here we still have too many cockerels, two EE bantam boys, because I'm still ambivalent about our EE bantam rooster. Also two Belgian d'Uccle roosters, although they have been very mellow. Just too m,any!
Anyone wanting a nice bantam cockerel, I've got two.
And there's nothing like a nice cold fall rain!
Mary

Top Bottom