Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Sally PB

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Aug 7, 2020
Belding, MI
Just hold up your hand and point. We will all understand that.
I almost asked, where in the mitten are you? But she could be from the UP. I never mean to dis the UP. I've had a lot of wonderful trips and adventures there. Hubby would love to move there (actually, he has his sights set on Alaska), but I like my Zone 5 for gardening.

RaZ

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Apr 20, 2011
Paradise, MI
It was a good day in the hen house today. 7 XL eggs, 1 from each mature hen. Plus 3 pullet eggs as well. So 3 of 7 young hens are at POL.

The young cockerel was being a jerk again. The mature roo has a gimpy leg and can't run so the young buck can get away quickly. Well he started acting up at lock down time and chased a couple of hens out of the coop. They circled back and went inside but the cockerel was still out in the run. So I shut up the coop and left the young cock outside. Let's see how he likes sleeping alone in the cold.

Sally PB

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Aug 7, 2020
Belding, MI
Only people in Michigan get "the thumb area" as a location. I was driving with an out of state friend on the east side and there was a sign that said "Thumb Area" something or other. He laughed. I told him it was really a thing. He laughed again. I held up my hand to show him what it meant. He looked thoughtful, nodded, and said, "Oh."

Top Bottom