Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

It's behind the garage to the side of the garage so all of that should be okay @1muttsfan. I'm almost positive the outlet is gfi but I'll double check @Folly's place and see about what I could run it through. I'll talk to my Dad about seeing if he can help me get an outlet going closer to the coop (that would be better, I know) but definitely not my forte.

About GFI outlets: when the electrician was here this summer, he tested every outlet in our garage. One of the newer GFI outlets actually didn't function as it should, so he replaced it. He also said that he's found others, including some new from the store, that were faulty. WOW! I don't know how to test them, but ask! If it takes an electrician, that's way cheaper than a fire...
Mary

Last edited:
About GFI outlets: when the electrician was here this summer, he tested every outlet in our garage. One of the newer GFI outlets actually didn't function as it should, so he replaced it. He also said that he's found others, including some new from the store, that were faulty. WOW! I don't know how to test them, but ask! If it takes an electrician, that's was cheaper than a fire...
Mary
There's a test button on the ones I have.......is that not really a functional test?

Not if the unit doesn't work, at least that's what I understood from his conversation. Maybe we just hadn't tested it recently, I'm not sure now. I'll try for better information tomorrow. It sure spooked me!
Mary

Back
Top Bottom