Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Raz was basically arrested for running an illegal chicken house. And for painting his house (garage?) the wrong color. And keeping bees (Do you still have them Raz?). And for having evil neighbors. And for sassing the powers that be.

All incredibly unfair, and UnAmerican.
oh i’m moving soon lol, can’t live somewhere i can’t keep my ducks! we are hoping to find a house a little more in the country

Good day, and it's going to get warmer again. Yes!
Chicks all doing fine, may it continue. Next Wednesday they move to the coop, can't wait! Must do some cleaning out there though, I keep putting it off. And working on the garden, lots more to do out there.
M ary

Raz was basically arrested for running an illegal chicken house. And for painting his house (garage?) the wrong color. And keeping bees (Do you still have them Raz?). And for having evil neighbors. And for sassing the powers that be.

All incredibly unfair, and UnAmerican.
Yes, I was arrested a time or two when I lived there. Once for the chickens and once for the flower garden in the front yard. I got a ticket for the garage after the OCD neighbor complained. I sided the damn thing with various colour pieces of siding, trim, and different colours of window shudders. Man was he POed but it was all legal. I won that court case. However, I lost more cases than I won. It can be summed up with an exchange I had with the judge during an off record side bar. He said to me, "I don't give a f*ck about your chickens. I just don't like you". That was my second chicken offense and I got 90 days in jail. I avoided the actual jail time by doing community service.

Sure hope that was the last of the cold snap. Kinda need to move my little ones out into the small coop soon as they're getting a little too big for the brooder.
cleaned out the big coop saturday and got it moving, so I guess you could all blame me for the cold snap I guess. Still need to finish taking down a straw bale wall and wrap those bales up in plastic to hopefully use next winter. Winter was so mild here that only the bales that I had down flat around the coop were really wet and soggy. Figure its worth it to try to use em again at this point.

Mom also saw this deal on Straw bale gardening, and I've got a couple of bales getting set up to start that soon. Figure that they would be easier for her to deal with as they would be a raised bed garden more or less. Sometime next week they should be ready to go. 3 bales that had been part of the wall that sat out on their sides all winter for the tomatoes, and 3 of the bales that sat flat around the coop set up for potatoes, as from what I could tell the potatoes tend to like more junkie bales for that.

Oh man. RaZ is going to have flash backs now! Not good ones.
Yes, experienced all four seasons yesterday. Crazy.
I usually deep clean my coop in the spring and fall. I did it last fall. I clean the coop every day. I now only have 6 chickens. Coop looks pretty good to me, so don't think it's going to get a deep cleaning.
So looking forward to warmer weather. Looks so pretty out. The trees are budding out and things are sure greening up.
Have a good day, all

Back
Top Bottom