Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

We have a generac also. My son in law, who's an electrician, installed it. Insisted on having one when we moved here. At last house, we were without electricity for 5 days. My son left for vacation at that time so we stayed in his house in Okemos. We lived over an hour away, so going back and forth to take care of the chickens, rabbits and cats wasn't fun.
Had fun camping in St Joe. Was a nice relaxing time. Fantastic Farmer's Market. Got all our dinner supplies there. Grass fed steaks. Bag of mixed greens. Tomatoes. 2 tomato plants and an adorable chicken planter.
Have a good day, all.

Hi all and good morning.

Butterscotch’s eye is now completely swollen shut. It looks like she is getting picked on after further checking. She has some scabbing around her eye. I’m not really sure what to do for her. Any suggestions please??
These photos are from last night and this morning. Could I give her an eye drop or something?
This is a good link to read:
http://www.poultrydvm.com/condition/conjunctivitis

How long has it been swollen?
Only on the one side?
She could have been bitten/stung.....or it could be a sinus infection.
You could rinse eye with saline using siphon bottle or needleless syringe,
but not sure that would really help.
Any other symptoms?
Can't do much unless cause is known for sure...and even then.
I posted on another thread and someone suggested Coryza. Wouldn’t that affect both sides of her face. I know you folks that have been at this for awhile have seen it all.

This poor girl is going through it. Could I give her any type of anti-histamine for the swelling?
I got the vetericyn for her eye and just seems to be getting worse. Maybe I can bring her in and apply a cold compress.
I never had kids so I’m a little freaked by stuff like this happening and feeling helpless.
Sorry for the the crazy follow up. It just breaks my heart.

Could I give her any type of anti-histamine for the swelling?
I've heard of folks using benedryl for swelling due to bug bite,
but have no clue as to dosage.

Is she eating/drinking/pooping/ moving around OK?

It's very difficult to treat an avian respiratory disease.
Unless you get a swab labbed to ID the exact disease,
so the proper AB can be used,
if you can find said AB.
Even then they can carry the disease asymptomatically forever.

I don't try to treat such things.
Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear.

Back
Top Bottom