Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

We're also thinking of solar energy, if they can do it on the hill, not of the roof. With so many trees (which we won't cut down; they keep the house cool), our south facing roof doesn't get much sunlight. But the hill is wide open.

Has anyone here gotten solar energy installed?

Now there's a solar powered Generac advertised.
Are you referring to the Power Home Solar? ("I'm Jason somebody, founder of Power Home Solar" ads.)

I've been thinking about them, but gotta admit he comes across as... a bit of a huckster...? But Barry Sanders did advertise for him for a while....

I have a generac too. It ran the whole house at my old house and I moved it here. haven’t had to use it yet at this house, but I did a lot at the old house. I opted for the gas generator over solar. The builder told me we dont get enough sun here to make solar work. Tesla has a nice solar pack, but they are not quite there yet I’m told.

I think the big problem with all of these systems now are supply and the prices are outrageous. On the other hand, I don’t see prices going down any time soon with the demand that is present.

No rain around here for quite some time. My weather station recorded 0.01 inch of rain in the past 2 weeks. This drought is hurting the white pine trees. Almost all of the trees have dropped their needles. A few of the younger trees are completely bare. I hope it is not a fatal condition.

I got home from work yesterday in time to see the Big Truck parade. So many beautiful big rigs rolling down the road, sounding their air horns, applying Jake brakes, rolling coal, revving their diesel engines, etc. It was quite the show. It was fun to see the reactions of the kids. Heck, I felt like a kid myself. I'm glad that the area is back to hosting the festivals and events that were shut down last year. There is a car show next weekend at the Sugar Festival. I'll get the car shined up for that. Tractor pulls are back on track for the season too. July 4 weekend is a big tractor event for old tractors and newer pulling tractors. I just love that stuff.

The duck that I thought was broody isn't. Maybe sometime soon. The drake has been mounting her every day. Still no sign of the 2 missing ducks. Going on 3 weeks now.

Time to go do some watering. Gotta keep the gardens growing.

We got pelted too, Mary! Cars were protected by our trees pretty much, but still sounded like rocks hitting the house. Only saw some pieces as big as a quarter, other than that small hail thank goodness. I am happy we are getting so much rain!
165695801_10158150254073691_9056520568129149111_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom