Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Has anyone ever used redwood shavings in their coop or run? I got them from my builders wood shop. They are fine shavings so I’m not sure if they would be good for the girls.
I’m thinking about putting the littles out in the baby coop tomorrow but don’t want to use the shavings from the wood shop if they could possibly harm the girls. I will dump them out back and compost them.
I don't think redwood would do any harm, it's cedar that can be an issue.

Those have been popping up all week....weird that they are moving from east to west.
Yes I was out doing my nightly turkey egg pick up around 8:30 - 9:00 this eve. and a quick storm front came through. I heard some cracking and popping and turned to look just in time to see one of my 50 foot pine trees breaking in half dropping top 25 feet. Just 2 pens down from where I was. Luckily it was blowing from north east dropping top in field instead of on my pen. Had one last year fall on one of my pens was not fun cutting tree out of my netting. Still not going to be fun cutting this one up tomorrow its supposed to be in the 90's. At least no damage to any of my pens this time.

Woke up to my girl w the limp now having a swollen eye. Her name should be Rocky. She’s one tough bird.
Should I give her something? Doesn’t look like she got in a scrap w another bird but it might be possible. She’s still limping but appears to be holding her own.
FYI…, the only vet in Grand Rapids that sees birds just quit ….. wonderful

Attachments

• DEE92470-7176-47CB-B1B9-05DE2238ADE6.jpeg
    DEE92470-7176-47CB-B1B9-05DE2238ADE6.jpeg
    531.5 KB · Views: 2
Start early....or what a couple days, cooler temps are coming.

WHEW!
That must have been 'exciting'.
Had a few things that had to be done this morning, so didn't get at that tree. Now its getting hot and humid think I will take your advice and wait now till cooler days come. Tree isn't going anywhere and yes hearing all that cracking and popping got my heart pounding for a moment until I seen what was going on.

Back
Top Bottom