Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Self sustenance DEAD.
It not funny, but very sad...if I can't clear the driveway.....
1637934670350.png

Last edited:
Woke up to the white stuff. So glad I gat a couple of racks of dry wood brought in yesterday. I should go stack some of the cut stuff that is lying in the cut station. Very cold and windy.

Chickens did not want to come out of the coop this morning. The ducks insisted in coming out so just bulldozed their way through the chickens blocking the door. I laughed.

Woke up to the white stuff. So glad I gat a couple of racks of dry wood brought in yesterday. I should go stack some of the cut stuff that is lying in the cut station. Very cold and windy.

Chickens did not want to come out of the coop this morning. The ducks insisted in coming out so just bulldozed their way through the chickens blocking the door. I laughed.
We woke up to snow too. It started snowing last night between 9, & 10.

Does anyone need a Rooster/Cockerel?

I have a Blue Wheaten Malay cockerel who needs a new home. He's an extra I don't need, & would rather him get a new home, I don't want to butcher him.

I don't know what the wind chill is right now but I was only able to stay outside for a half hour. I was going to split the wood that I cut the other day but it's just too darn cold for these arthritic joints. Knee is especially bad today. Perhaps a beer and a nap is what I need.

I think poultry drinkers were invented by Tupperware. I have more bottoms than reservoirs. How does that happen? :confused:

DH is splitting some of the wood from the trees taken down on Monday. He always runs the splitter in the horizontal position. These logs are too big, wet, and heavy for him to lift, so he's running it in the vertical position.

I think I figured out my lemon meringue problem, and I made my best pie ever. I still have to fix a few issues, but the curd held together! A first!

@aart, I'm so sorry that your tractor broke down. Can't you get it fixed?

Thank you.
It's a very old machine, '87 200 series, I've wrenched on it for a decade, and another 200('97) the decade before. It could probably be restored, but it's way beyond my mental and physical capacity. I'm really going to miss it, almost as much as said lost capacities.
The scary part is that my driveway is not conducive to plowing, so hiring the snow clearing done really isn't a viable option, and without good snow removal, melt season brings flooding. Maybe what I'll miss the most is the personal control over my domain.

DH is splitting some of the wood from the trees taken down on Monday. He always runs the splitter in the horizontal position. These logs are too big, wet, and heavy for him to lift, so he's running it in the vertical position.

I think I figured out my lemon meringue problem, and I made my best pie ever. I still have to fix a few issues, but the curd held together! A first!

I run my splitter in the horizontal position probably 85% of the time. And usually attached to the UTV. Splits get tossed right in the bed. Vertically positioned is a bit more difficult but it has split some huge rounds. One of the best tools that I ever purchased. It's been going strong since 2012 with just simple maintenance and repair.

I made that sawbuck from scraps. It makes it easy to cut to consistent stove length and saves my back from cutting on the ground. It is also a good 20 years old.

Attachments

• ff3.jpg
    ff3.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 3
  • ff2.jpg
    ff2.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 3
  • ff1.jpg
    ff1.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom