Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Lol. Sorry I asked! I did a bit of flower bed clean up. Talked with new neighbors. The farmer dumped a bunch of large beautiful rocks in the ditch across from us. Mentioned that I would love to have those rocks. Next morning here comes the new neighbor on his tractor with the rocks in his bucket. Made a second trip and got the rest of the rocks. He got a dozen eggs as a thank you.

Rocks eh? I have lots of rocks here. From the size of a baseball to basketball and up to 1000 pounders. It's to the point that I'm going to have to buy a rock bucket for the tractor.
I got the idea to make a top soil/compost screen out of some of the fixtures I got from work. I have a couple of dog kennel panels that should work well.

It's just too darn cold today. There is also a light misty rain that isn't helping. I'll have to put my snow suit on and bring in some firewood for the next few nights. I'm beginning to think that spring is just a myth.

Ok, I was just being cautious.

I wish I can find a river to get rocks but then I read that Dpt of Agriculture does not allow people to take river rocks.

It was snowing lightly on and off all day but nothing much here. Windy which makes it feel colder than waht it is.

Spent the last 2 days dividing and building a small loft for Pitbull and his 2 "chihuahuas" Sebrights. Went to Whitehall and got a double nest box and got installed and they have a roosting area as well. Nothing too big but big enough for 3. Pitbull inmediatelly got in one of the nest boxes and made a bed for the girls. It was amazing to see how he treats them. I think they are happy with their new loft. The area is about 8'x4'. On the inside it only has chicken wire to the top but at the bottom, 1/2" hardware cloth to make sure they do not peck at each other through the chicken wire. It will be remodeled later on when they decide to give me grandbabies,lol

newhouseinspection.jpg

nestapprovedforladies.jpg

theirowntinyhouse.jpg

Back
Top Bottom