Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Question, just noticed a bee or wasp inside coop main door. Just one working but I am alergic to bees, how can I keep them away from coop?

The girls and boy had a relaxing time with piano music. They all laid down and dozed off for a bit,lol. All clean for the week. However, the run does not stay raked for long,lol They scratch the straw back all over.

Question, just noticed a bee or wasp inside coop main door. Just one working but I am alergic to bees, how can I keep them away from coop?
If it is a wasp (all black, big but kinda spidery build), then check for entry spaces high up. Gaps in your hardware cloth, maybe. They like to build inside buildings, or at least under eaves. They can crawl through 1/2 inch hardware cloth but they so much don't like it that they find a better place to live.

If it is a wasp (all black, big but kinda spidery build), then check for entry spaces high up. Gaps in your hardware cloth, maybe. They like to build inside buildings, or at least under eaves. They can crawl through 1/2 inch hardware cloth but they so much don't like it that they find a better place to live.
20220515_121648.jpg
Have no clue but they can go in through anywhere. The hardware cloth, through the gate, the cleaning door and the front door. I leave the fan on and open doors to get some cool air in if possible.

Well, after a few days without internet, I am up and operating,lol Anyways, these are the pictures of the whole ordeal. Then pictures of the finished product of 8K. Hopefully on Tuesday morning they come to get the dumpster.
20220513_112711.jpg
20220513_112549.jpg 20220513_112613.jpg 20220513_112617.jpg 20220513_112824.jpg 20220513_112907.jpg 20220513_112911.jpg IMG_20220512_125413_01.jpg newroof.jpg

A bit a go before taking my second shower, I search the whole p[lace inside the coop, under the coop and outside the whole property for Tia, Baby mama, that went missing. I though she was snatched by a bird or a snake. SO I began crying and finally found her sitting on everyone's eggs inside the coop. But since she is so small, I did not see her when I looked inside. I slowly removed teh eggs and pushed 2 ceramic eggs in there for her to sit until tonight,lol Then she has to go back to her man,lol

20220515_141725.jpg

View attachment 3109258
Have no clue but they can go in through anywhere. The hardware cloth, through the gate, the cleaning door and the front door. I leave the fan on and open doors to get some cool air in if possible.
That is a wasp. Sometimes called a paper wasp because the gray blobby thing she is working on in your picture is made a layers of (essentially) paper. The chew wood into pulp to make the nest.

It's sprinkling now. Please please please rain...

I spent an hour and a half watering the garden. There are 7 potato sprouts up. And, we had our first bit of asparagus with dinner.

Total lunar eclipse tonight, but we're not going to see any of it with the clouds.

Back
Top Bottom