Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

I dug my garlic today. I also built some racks to dry it on. Yeah, more scrap lumber used up! Which is why they don't match. I just use what's available.
IMG_2578.JPG

Worked on the hemlock scourge today, and a neighbor came over and sprayed patches of first year plants, and pulled more second year plants that I missed. Also visited the next door neighbors, and a friend up the road, who had a lot of it, and didn't know. Nasty!
After several hours, the dogs were able to go to the yard, and the chickens were out. The weed killer is supposedly safe after it dries, and we didn't have other good options.
Mary

Love seeing scrap things repurposed into something new. I finally found a use for those bakery racks that I brought home from work. The angled wire shelves had me stumped for a while. After meeting my GKs I got the idea to make them into toy towers. With a scrap base of plywood the shelves are adjustable for any height and can hold small toys or larger Tonka trucks easily. The adults can use the higher shelve space for their toys too. ;)

Dreamz is coming next week to pick up some ducklings. I hope she takes a bunch. :fl If she doesn't take all 17 then I'm going to have to figure out something for increased housing. I have plenty of materials to make a separate duck house if needed. Or a second chicken coop for more layers. :oops:

Well I better get back to chores.

The hardware store in town sells appliances, and recycles the old ones. I get plastic coated metal racks out of the fridges and use them for all kinds of stuff, from drying herbs and paintings to making temporary cages.
What a GREAT idea!

Eventually, our 35ish(?) year old fridge will die. We bought it used when we moved here, 28 years ago. I'm sure it sucks down electricity, but it works. Still.

Now I have a great use for the shelves when it goes.

Hi, back from AA. Woke up at 3am and left about 5am. Got there by 8ish. Hub has 2 hernias, a paraumbilical and an inguinal on the right side. He also has a diverticulitis on his colon and some infection. They will not cut until after he is 30 days nicotine free and they will do a urine test for that. I was laughing internally because he will not be able to lie through this one. So on day 30, I will call to set up a date for the paraumbilical hernia.
Then he got 3 shots. Tetanus, shingles #2, and pneumonia vaccination. His arms are sore,lol. Mine was a simple appointment so nothing on my side but to find ways to refocus to minimize the stress.
How can I eliminate stress when they want me to take 17 ducklings,lol My BP just went up to 317,lol I need to see how to make a set up for ducklings. Still have no clue. Girls were happy to see me today. They were cakling a storm. Let them out until I watered the garden and then they went in. Ready to shower and hit the bed. Tomorrow is computer and legal stuff, 😔

How can I eliminate stress when "they" want me to take 17 ducklings,lol My BP just went up to 317,lol I need to see how to make a set up for ducklings. Still have no clue.
By "they" do you mean "me"? ;)
Yes, I happen to have 17 ducklings. You can take as many as you think you might want. Or I just might keep all of them and build a duck palace for them. LOL
I cleaned their pool today and refilled it with fresh water. The adult ducks claimed first dibs.

I did some yardwork around the property today. I uncovered a bunch of worms and other critters; the ducks hit those things with gusto. Who knew ducks and ducklings were so voracious?

Pfffh. I may have bitten off more than I can chew. The cherries were sooooo beautiful!!! It was really hard to leave. Another person and I picked ten pails (about 120 pounds) in two and a half hours. It was still fun when we left.

Then I hauled 60 gallons of water to the remote garden. It is so dry there that it really didn't soak in, even three gallons per plant with a berm around each one. It was just wet sand on top of dry sand. I don't know how the tomatoes are still alive. I wish I could have given them a good soaking.

It takes an hour and a half to pit a pail. I have two screens of the dehydrator going and the canner heating. And four more pails to go.

I'm tired.

Attachments

• E4196A0A-701D-4E6D-8569-160FD83F6E5F.jpeg
    E4196A0A-701D-4E6D-8569-160FD83F6E5F.jpeg
    921.7 KB · Views: 1
By "they" do you mean "me"? ;)
Yes, I happen to have 17 ducklings. You can take as many as you think you might want.
No, Never, :eek: I meant they as the ducklings,:lau

Well, I manage to get outside to water the garden and meassured the place where the greenhouse is going (10' by 20') And right next to the chickens, well, towards the back side, I measured an area kind of like this and meassures:
duckprojectedarea.jpg

The 20' is the size of the back of the chicken run. Then where the 8' is kind of encasing a shed that is not even up and should have been moved but has not been move and might never be moved, :idunno

so, I think it gives me roughly an average of 70sqft? 536sqft? I have no clue. I can only do squares or rectangles,:eek:

Would that be enough for 17 ducks?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom