Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

So, ummm......If I were to try to process 2 of my roos, could I just cut their necks, hang them up to bleed out, and then skin them  (so I don't have to pluck) and then chop off the legs/thighs and cut the breasts out and skip the "gutting" part of things?

Yes you can do it this way.. I skin every chicken i process..should be able to easily cut the breast and legs off.. good luck.

Maybe you'll get lucky and this one will end up laying the coveted pink eggs! I had an EE that had definite pink, not beige or brown! All the way to the inside of the shell, too :D
ha ha ^_^ I am busy trying to rescue some mini roses from the grocery store that didn't get watered; going great! I repotted gently without touching the root system this time. Last time i broke them up and lost all but one! And i'm only putting a tad of water on the old dirt, letting any access water get sucked out by the new dirt. (I have a bad habit of overwatering.) They started dying upstairs, but i put them in the cold and humid basement and they are sprouting all kinds of new growth! YAY! These ones are my coveted shade of perfect apricot/peach/pink :)

Unfortunately, my success comes on the heels of failure; i tried to transplant and prune my green rose and it's nothing but a little stick :( And though last year all the meijers had tons of the patio hit green roses this year there are none to be found :( And my special multi-petaled daffodills got too wet and rotted :( Stuuuuupid snow! Not good for me or my poor flowers! (Those ones were outside but in a pot that didn't drain well enough, apparently.
Flowers already? Lucky we still have snow. I can't wait to get in my garden!

How many eggs do ya'll think will fit in a 28 bottle wine cooler?

Because I am picking one up a lightly used one tomorrow for an incubator build! First I am going to wire in a heating element and fan setup. Once temperature is stable and well controlled, then I'll worry about an automatic turning system!

Thanks, we have 12 and just a little while ago our rat terrier came to get us as 1 flew out of the cattle trough where we have been keeping them. It looked so funny just sitting there with a confused look on it's face
1f60a.png
. If you don't mind me asking where are you?

We're in New Haven, so not too far from you at all. I put mine out when we were having great weather and then just sort of hoped that 4 or 5 days of nice weather would harden them off for these couple of below freezing nights. I'm not sure how much of a difference it might make, but our "coop" is a barn stall. I do close their door to their run and the window in there at night. They have really deep litter right now too. I had to get up super early to take someone to the airport yesterday so I snuck in and looked at the chickies at about 4am and they were all snuggled on the floor in some straw. Today they were hanging out in the sunshine.

Back
Top Bottom