Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

BobBry-sorry about your dog, I'm sure he had a great life with you, it's always hard to lose a pet.

I would pick 40, if i could pick any age. Thinking has matured some (lol) and body wasn't giving out to bad. Nice even number

hey Bob, sorry about your dog, that is never easy,

I melted the fat and added scratch one yr. let it set to harden in old plastic bird suet trays. worked rather well but needs to be done outside as it is very smelly

Back atcha Chickflick and Candy. :)

Trying to figure out where my dishwasher is leaking ever so slightly from. Wondering if I need a new door seal. I am so terrible. I didn't know you were supposed to rinse it off every now and again. Six years later and it looks as though the seal has seen better days. :/

DH just shot a doe this weekend. The deer had the most fat he's ever seen. The other deer he harvested this year seems a bit more on the fatty side than usual. Does this mean it is going to be a hard winter? Eek! As long as it isn't full of ice storms and frigid below zero temps, I am okay,

Good idea about saving it for the birds!

Quote:

all/almost all of that, sounds wonderful. However you wish to look at it, we are all judged by our reps and those are how others perceive us. Not all of us are able or desireous of accepting your stated premises as our way of living life. I know I feel better when I can make life better for others (make someone happy) etc. Trite ? I think not. Do you recall the tirades about tatts awhile back? Perceptions count, for good or bad, no matter how wrong they are.

I'm not tryin to put your statement down.

Sad note: Had to have Kipper dog put down, after a couple of not so good years, there was nothing that could be done to keep his life decent. We adopted him at two years. Lived for six more.

He is missed......

I think her intent was to show that WE are in control of our own lives. WE have the choice of what we do and believe. I think too, that we do need to accept that each of us has different ideas, beliefs and behaviours otherwise civilization would fall apart. As long as the things we do, the actions we take, even if different, do not adversely affect others, we ALL should be allowed the freedom to do them. So, it also goes that if we have freedom, we also have the freedom to be prejudiced, or to dislike a particular group. BUT, it's when we take action against that person or group that we overstep the bounds of freedom. Think what you like, but do not act on those thoughts if they take away another person's freedom.

Bob, I'm sorry you lost your dog. I hope another one enters you life soon. It won't replace the one you lost, but it could have another good place in your heart!

Glad, congratulations on the deer!

I have only gotten one deer with my bow, though I rarely get out with it. I won't use it unless I can practice with it... and well....... ain't nobody got time for dat!

It's taken me a while to learn this..took an abusive ex ..to get my head on straight. I guess with age does come wisdom though it's been slow in coming to me! LOL! But here it goes...

NO ONE can define who you are, or what your value in this world is, or is required to make you happy...NO ONE, but YOU can do this. It's is one of the finest gifts you can give yourself. We all have flaws, we all have perfections. Accept them as part of who you are. Change what you don't like about yourself, enhance what you do like about yourself. You are the one in control of ALL of it.. no one else.

If someone cannot accept me for my flaws or perfections they are not worthy of my time, simple. I will not allow myself to be affected by how someone else perceives or treats me. I am the one in control over how I'm affected by others. It is not my job to make anyone happy but me. That may sound selfish, but it's not my DH's job to make me happy, it's my responsibility. Same goes for him, or you! If I were to depend on anyone else to make me happy or justify my existence, I'd never be happy. This is your life.....LIVE IT!

Silly I hope you don't mind, I'm going to copy this for my daughter. She's having BF problems right now and maybe seeing this in writing will help. Sometimes its hard to realize that you can't make someone else happy, that has to come from within. So sorry about your dog Bob, that's what keeps me from getting a mastiff. I don't think I could go through that every 6 or so years.

I melted the fat and added scratch one yr. let it set to harden in old plastic bird suet trays. worked rather well but needs to be done outside as it is very smelly

I don't have any suet trays or suet feeders, but I was wondering about putting the chunks into a citrus/onion netted bag and putting that in the coop for them. I'd rather not give the big girls their "treat" out in the run since the hawks are clearly in the area. I can put the ribcage in the grow out pen because that has a fenced and tarped roof.......

Lady sorry your going through a hard time right now.. I agree be proud of who you are and dont let anyone say anything else.. keeping you in my thoughts and prayer.

glad congrats on your deer that is pretty exciting..

bob so sorry to hear about kipper, its never easy losing a pet..

So, we would like to her some chicks in a few weeks. But the problem is that If they were on a nice warm house, then put out in the cold it would shock their systems. So how would you work this?

Ideas?

Back
Top Bottom