Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

@living the simple life

Thank you for the report/feedback, always great to hear that my stuff is still holding together! LOL - I know exactly what you mean about the sizing. That is my problem with those vintage patterns. I will let you know ASAP if I get a more updated draft made up. Slow progress on too many projects around here. Stockpiled up some straw yesterday and refreshed all the house areas, just in time for it to get wicked cold again! Was 52'F this am when I woke, 34'F now. .... I like snow, but I hate the cold. Stay warm friends.

Brrrr! It's 29f right now, but it was just below 20 last night. I found a young cockerel frozen in one of the nest boxes. Must have been ailing to die like that. The rest are out running around. Supposed to get down to 10 this weekend. That's pretty cold for here. Last week it was almost hot, got up to 59!

Stay warm everyone.

I got my vorverks from John Blehm in Birch Run several years ago. I've heard he no longer raises them but I intend to check with him to find out for sure. I hatched and gave away lots of Vorwerk chicks in the past but this fall I tried hatching some and got zip. No of the eggs were fertile. Maybe by roostger is broke.

wee.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yesss.gif
This has been such an awesome day!!!!
clap.gif
D.gif
ya.gif
highfive.gif
love.gif
celebrate.gif

I got my vorverks from John Blehm in Birch Run several years ago.  I've heard he no longer raises them but I intend to check with him to find out for sure.  I hatched and gave away lots of Vorwerk chicks in the past but this fall I tried hatching some and got zip.  No of the eggs were fertile.  Maybe by roostger is broke. 

Hmm ok. If you ever hatch any more, tell me. Thanks. They are such pretty birds. I love them

So…..procrastination was my downfall with my chicken coop. I had raised my 16’ X 12’ shed 1 ½ feet off the ground (by myself and with a 3.5 ton car jack) but did not get it completely level. Now I’m paying for it while working on my coop. I cannot finish anything else until I get the shed level. I should have done it while the weather was warm but now I have to do it in the cold. I’m only off about 1.5 inches but, it makes all the difference in the world when building on the inside. At least I have electricity out there. I’ll just plug in a heater and go inside the shed to get warm while I’m working.
I have my chicks on order, and they are set to be delivered on the week of Feb 3rd 2014. I can’t wait. No deployments next year so I should be good. Thanks again to all who took my chick’s early this year when I deployed. I hope they are doing well for you!

Opa or anyone else who knows -

Was John Blehm done with all breeds or just the Vorweks? I was just thinking about him last week. I was interested in some Chanteclers.

Back
Top Bottom