Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Yes , just got back in. They are all good!!!
wee.gif
I started to call for them as I got closer to the coop and when I heard them chirp back I almost cried
love.gif
. I worried all night because I chose to leave the pop door open to give them more ventilation but worried it would make them freeze. They seem annoyed and it's like they are looking to me as to what's going on? I am so thankful, all that worrying for nothing
yippiechickie.gif

Stay warm!!

Yes , just got back in. They are all good!!!
wee.gif
I started to call for them as I got closer to the coop and when I heard them chirp back I almost cried
love.gif
. I worried all night because I chose to leave the pop door open to give them more ventilation but worried it would make them freeze. They seem annoyed and it's like they are looking to me as to what's going on? I am so thankful, all that worrying for nothing
yippiechickie.gif

Stay warm!!
Yayyyy! I was wondering what you decided to do. I'm glad to hear they all did ok. Now... go take a nap, you deserve it
yesss.gif

Hope everybody has faired well through this weather. I couldn't find the feral barn cats we have. I hope they are okay. Usually they take comfort in sleeping with the chickens this winter and take advantage of the heat lamp. I didn't see them at all yesterday.

Our crazy dog (red heeler) slipped past DH when he heard some noises outside. The neighbors were attempting to pull out a car from the ditch. DH told him to get back inside and he ran off to pout. At first DH thought he'd just went back in the garage, waiting to go in. Bad night for pouting! We were so worried, but found him in his favorite pouting spot (under the deck). He had been out for too long for last night's weather. About 20 minutes or more. Darn dog! He was certainly chilly. We called and called for him (even phoned the neighbors). He has done this once before, but we didn't have such bad weather then.

Can I ask why sugar or honey? I've heard of adding cracked corn or even cayenne pepper...
I haven't used sugar or honey either? I have given them all an oatmeal bowl treat in the afternoon complete with flax seed and meal worms as a garnish. They came out into the run to get the water and to eat more of the frozen barley grass in the run. Will be switching out the water quite frequently today and I hope the sun stays out to warm their run. I have the run totally covered in tarps to keep the wind away.

Hope everybody has faired well through this weather. I couldn't find the feral barn cats we have. I hope they are okay. Usually they take comfort in sleeping with the chickens this winter and take advantage of the heat lamp. I didn't see them at all yesterday.

Our crazy dog (red heeler) slipped past DH when he heard some noises outside. The neighbors were attempting to pull out a car from the ditch. DH told him to get back inside and he ran off to pout. At first DH thought he'd just went back in the garage, waiting to go in. Bad night for pouting! We were so worried, but found him in his favorite pouting spot (under the deck). He had been out for too long for last night's weather. About 20 minutes or more. Darn dog! He was certainly chilly. We called and called for him (even phoned the neighbors). He has done this once before, but we didn't have such bad weather then.
So glad you found him! Those temps are killers for sure. Our barn cat now sleeps in our old dog house in the garage. We put a heat light, five old pillows and a blanket it in for her. She's such a good girl, I'm so glad she decided to finally use it. I wanted to bring her in the house but my son and I are extremeley allergic to cats.

Our barn kitties are pretty feral. I'd prefer them in the garage in weather like this. We got them from the humane society and were made aware that they'd never be personable towards us. One lets us be in his presence. The other doesn't and runs out. They have done an excellent job of keeping mice out of the coop!

Back
Top Bottom