Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Yesterday we were discussing the treatment for scaly leg mites and I stated that I felt Red Kote wouldn't be very effective. After further research I found that one of the listed uses is treating scaly legs. It is not listed as a used for Blue Kote. I wanted to clear up any wrong information I have posted. I still stand by my statement that mineral oil sprayed on the legs is the most effecient and cost effective method.

Last edited:
Lately, I find myself unable to change the size of print in posts. Smiley thingies seem ok. I want bigger print. Any help on this one?

How are links set up? I want to install a link to the thread for Games and Activities for youth at C S 2014.

Lately, I find myself unable to change the size of print in posts. Smiley thingies seem ok. I want bigger print. Any help on this one?

How are links set up? I want to install a link to the thread for Games and Activities for youth at C S 2014.

To be held at Delta Mills Park near Lansing on Saturday June 21, 2014 from 10:00 AM till 3:00 PM.

Yesterday we were discussing the treatment for scaly leg mites and I stated that I felt Red  Kote wouldn't be very effective.  After further research I found that one of the listed uses is treating scaly legs.  It is not listed as a used for Blue Kote.  I wanted to clear up any wrong information I have posted.  I still stand by my statement that mineral oil sprayed on the legs is the most effecient and cost effective method.

I actually had the redcote on hand for a foot injury involving a feed bag string that had fallen out of my pocket and gotten wrapped around a foot. I then used it for leg mites, because Vivi had it in a list of uses for the birds on her farm, and that was the main use she had for it. Worked great. I only had to do two applications on Mr. Fluffers feet and it cleared it up so fast. THEN I also used it on Little Pretty when that dang raccoon dragged her of her nest and tore her up. She healed so fast, kept the skin pliant as it healed, and you'd never know looking at her know, except for the wing that hangs lower and the foot that had toes ripped off that she was ever attacked. That and she only just started laying eggs again and is a favorite of Mr. Ed, who stands guard over her and chases the other roos away.... OFF TRACK, I love the stuff. Smells horrid, but it is one of those meds I will continue to keep in my chickens med kit.

Broody Bonnie?

:woot if she is... :( if she isn't

You can go to the page that started the activity thread then highlight and copy the address, then go to your profile, scroll down and edit your signature. Simply paste in the box. Preview it and save it.

If you need more help, PM for my phone number and I can walk you though it.

Back
Top Bottom