Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Thats how I do my roos too.

Last yr I hung all of them in the trees away from my coop so my other birds didnt see any of it. Once all of them where hung, (14) I went down the line and cut thir throat quick and fast so none was in any pain.

It was sad as they was very beautiful birds but they sure where good.

Bantam cochins dont make a big meal but there is only 2 of us so they where perfect size.

Last edited:
Hello, I am a new member, and new to owning my own chickens although I was raised in the farm life. I have been coming to the site for info for months, just never posting or interacting until now. I'm in harbor springs, (near Petoskey) and am from East Jordan. I have a Welsummer, a SLW, and an ISA brown. All young pullets right now. I'd love to know if there are any good places to get chicks/eggs near me, especially for the different Wyandottes. I don't know much about the breeds, but we would like layers and aren't interested really in meat birds. My husband would also like the birds to be beautiful and friendly varieties, thus why the search is on for quality chicks :)

I am putting in a Holderreads order this week. If anyone in the GR area wants to add anything to it just let me know :)

welcome-byc.gif
JewelsChicks!

Hello, I am a new member, and new to owning my own chickens although I was raised in the farm life. I have been coming to the site for info for months, just never posting or interacting until now. I'm in harbor springs, (near Petoskey) and am from East Jordan. I have a Welsummer, a SLW, and an ISA brown. All young pullets right now. I'd love to know if there are any good places to get chicks/eggs near me, especially for the different Wyandottes. I don't know much about the breeds, but we would like layers and aren't interested really in meat birds. My husband would also like the birds to be beautiful and friendly varieties, thus why the search is on for quality chicks
smile.png
Welcome
frow.gif
. This is the place to ask if there are people near you.

I'm up north, TC area.... What predators are people usually dealing with? Any weasels? Fox? We are new to the area and are out in the county in a mostly wooded-esque area, but only a few miles from city limits. No stray cats. I currently have a mass infestation of kangaroo mice, so I know I don't have too many predators right now. Just wondering what others are dealing with in the area. I appreciate input and perspectives.

Back
Top Bottom