Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

bought Flower a friend, Tiger Lilly,so hopefully flower can realize chickens are friends.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone here have any experience with their flock and wild turkey? We have some wild turkey around here that have babies right now, when I went to check on my birds that were free-ranging there was a momma and baby in the yard. The dog (of course) chased after them and scared them off, but they weren't very far from my birds and I was wondering if there is a danger from a protective momma to my flock if they are in the same region?

The CS 2014 photo shoot was a disaster for me. I shot less than 1/2 the # as last year and I guess my inspiration was at an all time low. My camera had an issue also which got me all fired up during shot, lol! Next year I'll be running a new lens, or two, and hope to get better results. Anyway, enough whining...go to my Flikr account uchytil59 and the two albums are CS13 and CS14.

Sorry I missed so many. I did shoot everyone but believe me - you would be glad I did not post some shots!

Do you have any muscovy babies for sale, or older as long as they are hens? How far are you from Millington?

Got my new hatching eggs today in the mail.
Post office was a lil rough handling them and I yelled as the box clearly said all the right stuff to make sure for their safety but obviously they can't read.

But they was all snug and hopefully OK. Only time will tell. I paid a lot for these eggs so I hope I get a good hatch rate and a lot of girls.

I got Millie Cochin bantams and blue mottled smooth and frizzled Cochin's. These are part of my new breeder flock. They came from a quality breeder and these are to better my type here in my coop.

Can't wait and got my fingers crossed!

In the mean time, I do have some really nice calico Cochin bantam roos at 2 months old $10each available. Pick up and located in Lapeer.

Got my new hatching eggs today in the mail.
Post office was a lil rough handling them and I yelled as the box clearly said all the right stuff to make sure for their safety but obviously they can't read.

But they was all snug and hopefully OK. Only time will tell. I paid a lot for these eggs so I hope I get a good hatch rate and a lot of girls.

I got Millie Cochin bantams and blue mottled smooth and frizzled Cochin's. These are part of my new breeder flock. They came from a quality breeder and these are to better my type here in my coop.

Can't wait and got my fingers crossed!

In the mean time, I do have some really nice calico Cochin bantam roos at 2 months old $10each available. Pick up and located Lapeer.

If you are on a computer in my siggy link one of the articles i've linked to was about how to hatch shipped eggs; essentially let them orient for a few days and do an egg carton hatch? Best luch i'd have yelled too!

Back
Top Bottom