Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

My big, orange, K-word tractor has a new glitch - one of the safety features keeps shutting down the engine. While I applaud safety, sometimes you have to wonder if anything you do can be done without intervention. Excepting, of course, riding motorcycles without helmets - apparently that is so safe it does not require regulation.

Hi everyone! One of my hens decided to go broody today after toying around with the idea since spring! I was wondering if anyone was around Lapeer county that I could get some fertile eggs from? I was just looking for some pretty mixes that lay good. We got rid of our rooster a couple months ago, and stopped getting fertile eggs a couple weeks ago of course lol!

My big, orange, K-word tractor has a new glitch - one of the safety features keeps shutting down the engine. While I applaud safety, sometimes you have to wonder if anything you do can be done without intervention. Excepting, of course, riding motorcycles without helmets - apparently that is so safe it does not require regulation.
Would be far safer if they regulated car drivers better......... ;)

Hi everyone! One of my hens decided to go broody today after toying around with the idea since spring! I was wondering if anyone was around Lapeer county that I could get some fertile eggs from? I was just looking for some pretty mixes that lay good. We got rid of our rooster a couple months ago, and stopped getting fertile eggs a couple weeks ago of course lol!

I would be happy to hook you up! I live in Lapeer
big_smile.png

There is a VERY brazen fox stalking my house and my chickens. He got one of my red hens last week and I tried to live trap him and got a coon. I know, he's way smarter than that! Anyway, today was the ultimate assault. My new BCM hen that I got at chickenstock and my faithful Little Red were both taken in broad daylight only feet from my house!!!! I've been in the kitchen all day with doors wide open and the dogs right here. I free range during the day and securely lock them in at night. I'm so mad that I can't free range!!!!!! These chickens love to poke around and find shady spots to hang out. I'm sick about this. :he@#$!!

I waited till dark before doing chores... after working in AC all day, it was hard to go out and do any work outside. Instead I worked hard on getting a commission done that I had been neglecting. I almost have it finished, noticed after midnight that I was getting sloppy so I stopped. Should be able to finish up tonight.

You have a wonderful gift. Wow.

There is a VERY brazen fox stalking my house and my chickens. He got one of my red hens last week and I tried to live trap him and got a coon. I know, he's way smarter than that! Anyway, today was the ultimate assault. My new BCM hen that I got at chickenstock and my faithful Little Red were both taken in broad daylight only feet from my house!!!! I've been in the kitchen all day with doors wide open and the dogs right here. I free range during the day and securely lock them in at night. I'm so mad that I can't free range!!!!!! These chickens love to poke around and find shady spots to hang out. I'm sick about this.
he.gif
@#$!!

OhNo!! I'm so sorry......hard, hard lesson! Hope you get that batrastardfox!!

Do you have a run where you can keep them safe when you know a predator is at large?

Gotta love tractors. Even little pretend ones.
wink.png

Throwback to a couple of years ago.

The front of the house sure has changed since this photo.
It's a wagon train!

Yep gotta love the tractors. I got a big ole Case in the barn hubs thinks he is going to fix up to sell. In fact, he just called me to inform me he just bought a old Deere too from his farmer friend.
I JUST cleaned out the barn, dang it.
he.gif
Oh well. It could've been another rusty truck we don't need.
duc.gif

Back
Top Bottom