Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Finally checking in- how is this girl?

Not good. Was checking on her foot tonight. The scab is taking up most of the pad of her foot. One of the hard pustule things broke through the skin on the top of her foot. I pulled it out. It's still horribly swollen. I am going to have to attempt the surgery again but I botched it so bad last time so I am super nervous. I obviously hurt her and now she wont come to me at all.

Not good. Was checking on her foot tonight. The scab is taking up most of the pad of her foot. One of the hard pustule things broke through the skin on the top of her foot. I pulled it out. It's still horribly swollen. I am going to have to attempt the surgery again but I botched it so bad last time so I am super nervous. I obviously hurt her and now she wont come to me at all.

My first surgery had issues too. That foot still has bumble foot... Since Juneish. :( I do my best to help her, I just drain her foot, but some antibiotic stuff on it, wrap it up. It keeps the swelling down and I it seems to be going away, finally. Good luck. Trust me, you get better with a few surgeries, it's easier now ;)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/915880/bumblefoot-cure#post_14224677
The 'donut' helps if you can keep it on the chicken :p

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...efoot-journey-back-to-health/90#post_14227553

Good bumblefoot threads

Quote: Ooh and Ahh!
droolin.gif
and
love.gif

This is what I did with apples:

Caramel and 60% ghiridelli chocolate with pecans
More ooh-ing and ahh-ing!
droolin.gif
Now I have to try these too! what a shame!
wink.png

Quote: Thanks! I will keep these in my "file" for future reference.

Have you soaked her foot in epsom salts/water? That should help with the swelling. Then what I do is cover it with ichthammol 20% (or you can get it from the drug store as boil ease, but its a lot more expensive), wrap it and leave for2 days. If it doesn't look a LOT better, soak again and reapply the ichthammol & wrap for another 2 days. The ichthammol is a drawing salve/antiseptic and seems to relieve pain as well.

For the love of humanity - please stop! Or, bring us some....

X2, I swear, I can smell them. UHMMMMMMMMMM

Finally checking in- how is this girl?

My first surgery had issues too. That foot still has bumble foot... Since Juneish. :( I do my best to help her, I just drain her foot, but some antibiotic stuff on it, wrap it up. It keeps the swelling down and I it seems to be going away, finally. Good luck. Trust me, you get better with a few surgeries, it's easier now ;)

The itchtmawhatever salve, or make a sugar and iodine paste. For anything open the itcyt??? Or skarlex horse wound spray. Scarlex the lot of them, and the perches. Has been reversing it for me without surgery, but i'm catching them before the corn develops. Don't go back in there without putting her on some tetracycline at least, or better yet amoxicillin/ penicillan. Keep it wrapped. I agree with taking the pressure off, i use cotton balls. You need to change ointment and bandages daily so you might have to cage her for a while. I live in coopersville, but have a beater for a car. I am thinking about seeing her if you aren't too far in- i'm hopless in the city.

Back
Top Bottom