Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

1f495.png
Happy Valentine's Day
1f495.png
[/SIZE=4]
Hope everyone has someone to snuggle with, cuz looks like the temps are gonna get downright ugly as the day progresses
1f60d.png

Baby it's ccccooooollllllldddddd outside!
You got that right.... Not looking forward to that drive into work today. At least hopefully today they don't have US-12 blocked off between Clinton and Saline. Some poor guy fell asleep at the week yesterday and crossed that yellow line, had the road blocked off for most of the day.

Well while Silly is out in fruit, nuts, and flakes land enjoying the scenic drive (LOL), we are getting more snow. New England is getting hammered again. I leave next Wednesday to Boston for my Dad's heart surgery. Come on warm weather!
Good luck with the surgery. Knowing one is loved helps come through that stuff. At least I think it helped me.

By the way, thanks to you who expressed good thoughts to my recent post. Warm wishes are especially welcome now.

He is my newest silkie rooster. He is a splash paint in color. And his coloring is evej better in person vrs this pic. He molted since this pic which i bought him from. So when i opened the shipping box and saw the more intensified coloring, i thought i got a diff rooster then what i got from his pic. But once i picked him up out of the box and saw his pure white beard, i knew it was him no doubt. And he was even better looking upon arrival. I love him and hes the best looking boy i have and super happy to have got him!!!

On another note:::::::

TSC in lapeer (where i work), just got its 1st time ever 100% organic chicken feed in. Now i dont believe in this and can care less as im a dumor fan, but for you folks out there who do, ya now can pick this up at ur favorite store! Unfortunately it is pricey, but if you like organic, its available!!!
What is it called? I was just there and didn't notice anything new. I must have missed it.

Hahaha!
I had a hen posted for $30. A person contacted me and said I made a mistake on my price and they wanted it. I said no, shes $30 not $3. Wow did this person get all sorts of snippy and said I was f- crazy a stupid hen!!! TSC gets $2 for chicks.

I said its a breeder quality hen from my flock and if ya think she's expensive, I just paid $75 and $175 for a couple silkie roosters. I got the " it better s*** gold" remark.
Then I said you contacted me, I didn't you and that $30 was a gift! Then I hung up as I said don't contact me again.

What is wrong with folks?!?
I would love to see their faces when I tell them I have approx $2k into my flocks,$20k into my show mini horses, and $2k into my iris flower field!
Yes I have very expensive hobbies BUT its my money and hobbies and I don't care about $ when it comes to quality!

Hahaha!
I had a hen posted for $30. A person contacted me and said I made a mistake on my price and they wanted it. I said no, shes $30 not $3. Wow did this person get all sorts of snippy and said I was f- crazy a stupid hen!!! TSC gets $2 for chicks.

I said its a breeder quality hen from my flock and if ya think she's expensive, I just paid $75 and $175 for a couple silkie roosters. I got the " it better s*** gold" remark.
Then I said you contacted me, I didn't you and that $30 was a gift! Then I hung up as I said don't contact me again.

What is wrong with folks?!?
I would love to see their faces when I tell them I have approx $2k into my flocks,$20k into my show mini horses, and $2k into my iris flower field!
Yes I have very expensive hobbies BUT its my money and hobbies and I don't care about $ when it comes to quality!
Wow, some people. To each their own, right?

Hello All,

I noticed a little blood smear on the shell of one of my eggs today. I've had chickens for about 2 1/2 years and from what I can remember, this is the first time I've noticed it. Any concerns I should be looking for?

Thanks

Hello All,

I noticed a little blood smear on the shell of one of my eggs today.  I've had chickens for about 2 1/2 years and from what I can remember, this is the first time I've noticed it.  Any concerns I should be looking for?

Thanks

No worries. Possibly a new laying hen. Or bigger egg then her butt. Lol
I see all the time with pullets 1st egg.

Back
Top Bottom